Snack Time!

Brielle walks with Ben, talking a mile an hour.  Ben was used to his sister's rambling.  He walks over to Mal's door and she pauses.  "Why are we here?"  "I didn't see them today," was Ben's short reply before knocking.  Mal opens the door, "Hey."

"Hey Mal." Ben says with a wide grin, "I didn't see you guys today, so I was wondering if you had any questions or if there was anything that you needed.."

Brielle taps him on the shoulder, "You're picking up my bad habits, Ben."

Mal snickers at Brie, "Uh, no.  Not that I know of."  Ben nods, "Okay.  Well, if you need anything...just ask."

The twins turned to leave, but Mal called out, "Wait!"

"Is it true that we all get to go to your coronation?"  Brie smiles, "Yup, whole school goes."

"Wow, that is beyond exciting." Mal says with a smile, "Do you think that it's a possibility that the four of us could stand in the front row next to the Fairy Godmother just so we could...soak up all that goodness?"

Ben sighs, "I wish you could.  But up front it's just me, Brielle, my folks, and my girlfriend.  And if Brielle had one, her boyfriend."

Mal looks thoughtful, "Your girlfriend and if Brie had one, her boyfriend?"  Brielle nods, "Yeah, but don't count on me getting one soon."  Mal laughs and waves them goodbye.  She closes the door and faces the VKs.

"I think it's time Bennyboo got himself a new girlfriend and for Brielle to finally get a boyfriend.  I need a love spell.  Jay, you'll give Brie her love spell."

"Do we have to spell them both?" Jay complains.  He would never admit it to anyone, but he really likes Brielle.  Since they arrived, she was nothing but friendly to them.  She put Audrey in her place and treats them well.  He didn't want to spell her.  Not at all.  Mal considers, "You're right.  Too risky.  If the future King and Queen of Auradon both started dating a VK, they might catch on.  Okay, then.  Ben it is."

________________________________________________________________________________

Allison gives me her pouting face, "I'm hungry."  Allison (daughter of Alice- as in Alice in Wonderland) is always hungry.  I sigh and stand up, "I'll get something for you to eat."  Al yells after me, "You're the best!"  I walk to the kitchen and pause when I see Mal, Evie, Carlos, Jay, and Lonnie.  "Hey guys.  My roommate and best friend, Allison, wanted me to get her something to eat."  I grab a shiny red apple.  I notice the mix in front of Mal, "Midnight snack, too, huh?  Whatcha making?"

"Oh...just some cookies," Mal stammers.

"Sweet." I dip my finger in the mix and taste it.  "No, wait!"  Mal gasps.

I blink and laugh, "What?  I swear I won't double dip."  Mal looks hopefully, "Is it missing...anything?"  She kicks Jay's leg and he winks at me.  I shrug, "Could use some chips."  Lonnie nods enthusiastically, "Of course!"  She rushes to the fridge and I tap my nails on the table like I'm playing the piano.  Another bad habit. 

"And those are?" Mal questions when Lonnie returns with a small bowl of chocolate chips.

"Chocolate chips, just the most important food group."  The VKs give her confused looks.  Lonnie dumps a handful into the mix, "Wait, didn't your moms ever make you chocolate chip cookies?"  They still give her blank looks and Jay looks at me for help.  I jump in, remembering Ben's and my childhood, "Like when you're feeling sad and they're fresh from the oven with a big ol' glass of milk and she just makes you laugh and she puts everything into perspective."

The four teens look down and at each other, than at Lonnie and me.  "Why are you all looking at us like that?" Lonnie questions.

"It's different where we're from." Mal says quietly.

"Yeah, I know, I just thought that even villains loved their kids." Lonnie says. She sees their sad faces and her smile drops. Lonnie looks down, "Oh. How awful."  I regret being here.  A tear rolls down my cheek.  Mal looks up and I quickly look down, "S-Sorry.  I never cry, not even one tear."

Mal quickly wipes away my tear, "Yeah, big bummer, but we have to get these cookies into the oven. So thank you two so much for coming by, hope you have a really really-" Mal says as she slowly pushes us out of the kitchen, "-really good night. Evil dreams."  Lonnie and I wave, "Bye!"  I invite Lonnie to watch some more TV with Ally and me.  We go back to my dorm and I give Allison her apple.  But in the back of my mind, I can only think of the VKs living with parents who don't even love them.