Prepping For Cotillion

Six months later

Remember when Ben said he'd keep me in the daily king and queen work?

He lied.

Kinda.

He's barely letting me do anything.  "Live your life.  Be 16!" He told me.  So I was utterly relieved when he asked me to help Jane with the decorating committee.

Until I saw how busy I would be.

Everything- down to the right shade of blue- had to be done and perfect.  Yay.

I am currently in mine and Allison's dorm, looking at my dress and Ally's.  She insisted on designing them.  Hers is red, of course, but mine is not blue and yellow like everyone expects.  You'll just have to wait and see.  I finger the fabric of Al's dress.

  I finger the fabric of Al's dress

"You truly outdid yourself, Al.  Our dresses are gorgeous."  Al beams and Evie- yes, Evie, Lonnie, and Jane are also in our dorm- stops filing her nails and jumps off the bed, "I completely agree.  But...don't you think Brie's waistline should be tighter?  It looks kinda loose."  Al nods, agreeing, and they start mumbling as they circle my dress, feeling the material and examining the stitching. 

Lonnie looks up from my sketches, "So...how does it feel to be part of the decorating committee, Brielle?"  I groan, "So exhausting.  And Ben put me in charge of his gift for Mal.  It's like a mosaic painting.  Anyway...Ryan and I are working super hard on it and-"

Al spins on her heels to gawk at me, "Hold up.  You're working with Ryan?"  Lonnie stares at me, "You can't!"  Jane shakes her head vigorously, "That goes against the code."  Evie looks lost, "Who's Ryan?"  I sigh heavily, "Ryan Fitzherbert.  Rapunzel's son.  Extremely dashing and daring, a huge flirt, and my childhood friend.  My best guy friend."  Al drops the bomb I was skillfully dodging, "Her ex-boyfriend."  Evie spins around, gawking at me, too.  "You can't, Brie.  You're dating Jay."

I roll my eyes, "We're not dating.  Clearly.  We danced at my coronation.  Whatever.  He's still a huge flirt and all the girls have even a teeny-tiny crush on him."  Evie sighs and asks, "Why did you two- you and Ryan- break up?"  I shrug, laying on my bed, looking at the ceiling, "Cause we were young.  And didn't love each other like that.  We really liked each other and loved each other as best friends...not boyfriend and girlfriend.  So we broke up. Oh! I have a picture of him."

I reach for my photo album and show a recent picture of him.  Evie whistles.

  Evie whistles

"He's cute."  I nod, "More importantly, he's a killer artist.  Gets it from his mother.  He's helping me and that's all.  We're not dating and neither are Jay and I.  Okay?"  They nod and I stand up, "I gotta go.  I'm meeting him in half and hour."

________________________________________________________________________________

I sit next to Ryan on his bed.  We're both examining the shards of glass we collected.  Blue, yellow, green, purple, etc.  We just organized them into piles according to color.  "I feel like we should get customized green," I say, running my fingers carefully through the pile of green glass.  "Me too.  It just seems too...light," Ryan agrees.  I straighten myself, "I've seen her eyes.  These are way too light.  Ben will definitely agree.  I'll show him some samples of green and see what he thinks.  He'll probably go for the darkest shade we have."  Ryan reaches past me for a box on his nightstand.   He opens it and my eyes widen at the different color selections.  "Pick a color, any color," he jokes and I laugh, taking three samples of green.  One light, one medium, and one dark.  "Perfect," I smile.  I hear the 10 minute bell ring, "Uh-oh.  I gotta go.  Ben always checks on Mal right before her classes.  I'll catch him and make him pick a color."

Ryan nods and I almost leave before remembering something.  "Oh!"  I spin on my heels to face him, "What about my project for them?  Did you get the colors?"  He grins and nods, "All order.  I hid them in my closet so Chad doesn't go peeking through my drawers and find them."  I smile gratefully, "Thank you!  You so deserve a better roommate than Chad.  I'll see you later!  You're the best!"  I close the door behind me softly and race for the courtyard.

A/N- Ooooooh, Brielle's got a history! XD

Ryan's face claim is Lucas Till.

I am thinking about writing a Carlos De Vil love story.  I love Cameron Boyce so much.  I re-watched Descendants 2 last night and almost cried when I saw him.  I think my OC will be Madison, daughter of the Mad Hatter.  Her face claim will be Zendaya.  What do you think?  Please let me know and I will update as soon as I can!