C H A P T E R ▪ 7

Exhaustion filled my bones when I woke up for school on Monday. There was no part of me that wanted to go in today, but then that would mean staying at home and that was the last thing that I wanted to do as well, especially since I hadn't gotten any sleep since Saturday night. My bones ached and so did my lower region; there was no pain killer that could take away the pain that I've suffered for these past two days.

The only thing that managed to make me smile was the fact that I dropped Joey to school today, meaning that he was safe for at least six hours until I came to pick him up. After that, it was going home and probably facing another punishment and no chance of me getting any money but my step dad was Sir Money Bags since he got a lot of money from his friends for having their way with me. I didn't even know if I should blame my mom since it was her who told my step dad that I went out with Joey.

When I had dropped Joey off to school this morning, he kept asking me if I was okay and I had to keep lying to him and a part of me told me that lying wouldn't do anything, but telling him the truth would only confuse him and I knew that he would tell someone. I couldn't have the cops coming around the house, no way in hell and that's why I had kept my screams of agony to a down low but Joey still managed to see the makeup, packed onto my face.

Bruises had filled my body and I had to go through more pain in covering them up with concealer and foundation, making sure that every inch of my exposed skin was covered in that stuff. There were obviously names being called at me by people but they didn't dare test me once I had given them a glare. People knew that I was a slut but they didn't try and cross my path, not like Perla did. I had looked even worse than that bitch and that was something that scared me.

'Josette, wait up!' A few people had turned around, surprised to hear the fact that the bad boy was telling the slut of the school to wait for him but you could tell that they were also waiting to hear the last bit of the sentence which would be, "Suck my dick?" However, that was no what had come out of Drew's mouth; in fact, there was nothing that came out of his mouth but there was thunderous steps.

A small part of me was telling me that it wasn't his fault, that he didn't know anything about this and about my past and so called family but another part of me had said that he was the one that practically forced us to go get ice cream and go to the park with him. My thoughts cleared my head when he ran up behind me but then rounded up in front of me, holding my arms with his hands and just keeping them there while breathing hard.

'For someone that's smaller than me, you sure seem to walk very fast.' He chuckled lightly but then he saw the anger on my face and the amusement from his face suddenly wiped away. 'You alright?' I scoffed and rolled my eyes before I started to walk again but I was stopped by Drew who once again, blocked my path. This time though, he had stepped closer to me and didn't put his hands on my arms, or me.

'I need to get to class.' It was my short and curt answer to him and with that, I didn't even look at him before I started walking again but then he stopped me and this time, I snapped. 'Listen, I get that you were being nice on Saturday but that got me in a little trouble so please, leave me alone.' A couple people started whispering to their friends while looking at me and Drew but I paid them no attention as I walked away from him, but not before hearing his last words to me.

'You were the one willing to come!' The last thing I heard from everybody was an, "Oh!" as if it was some sort of insult but I knew what they were trying to assume and trust me, I would want to turn around and snap at them too but I was feeling the pain get to me too hard meaning that I would need another pain killer that would be ineffective.

Walking into the bathroom, I passed some of Perla's friends who giggled as they walked passed me then gave me a dirty look but I gave them the middle finger, that should equal it. I made sure that they were the last people in the girl's bathroom before closing the door and locking it, pulling it to be sure that no one would be able to enter the bathroom. Sighing, I leaned my head against the door, feeling the tears that wanted to burst out of my eyes but I pushed them back.