"Well sure if it can stop a bullet it can stop a knife?"

"It's mainly tradition."

"Ah right." I nodded, playing with the string of the bow that was strung around my chest.

"You'll be fine." He assured me, "I've seen you fight, and you’re more than capable."

I beamed in pride as he stroked his thumb along my cheek and smiled happily, before someone called him and made him turn around quickly. Zayn quickly rushed over, looking panicked as people suddenly started rushing about more around us.

"The scouts have spotted them, they're on the move." He said quickly, patting Harry on the shoulder, who nodded as Zayn ran off to warn other people.

Harry reached into his pocket and gave me a black ear piece, putting one in his own ear as he gestured for me to put my own one in.

"What's this for?" I asked, putting it in.

"To talk to you on the field when I can't shout to you." He said, pressing the button and turning it on.

I nodded, turning mine on as well, before blowing into it to test it, to which Harry nodded to confirm that it was working.

Harry then whistled piercingly, and soon Ares was at his side again, whinnying his he spread his wings and snorted, pawing at the ground impatiently. Harry nodded to me, indicating for me get on Gaia, who was still waiting beside me. She nuzzled me softly, nickering at me as her ears pricked up. Both her and Ares had the same golden metal plate over their heads, so only their eyes and muzzles were visible. They had a part that also ran down their necks, and connected to the part that protected their bodies, with only a space for the legs, saddle and tail, the rest being entirely covered. All the parts of it shone with a warm, golden glow, with clinked as it rubbed together.

She knelt down on her front legs, allowed me to climb on before she stood up again and reared slightly in anticipation, before I walked her up to stand next to Harry and Ares. Harry smiled at me, before lowering the visor on his helmet, shielding his face from me. I took my bow from my back, holding it in my hand tightly, before putting my helmet on as well which was passed to me by the servant that was stood by my side. My helmet was different, since it didn't have a visor, just a piece of metal that ran down my nose, so visibility was better so I could fire arrows more efficiently.

Harry nodded towards someone by his side, before raising his hand. I looked around to see other knights moving to stand alongside us. Soon we had a small group around us, including Harry and the other boys and a few other knights, which stood in front of the rest of the army who were now also ready. It was organised into sections, with heavily armoured knights in one, gryphons in another, mounted soldiers like us next to them, and finally, large cannons pulled by more horses were stationed in the middle.

We were ready.

Harry lowered his hand, and all of the riders in our group took off, along with the gryphons and cavalry from the army behind us, leaving the foot soldiers and heavy artillery following us on the ground. The distant sound of the wheels of the cannons creaking was swiftly left behind as we soared into the air. 

I looked side to side to see the already large army following us, suddenly feeling the overwhelming power and influence that they must have had. This was only half of the army, and it big enough to capture their kingdom three times over. I looked down and stroked over the handle of my bow, inspecting it as I made sure the string was tight enough. Harry's voice sudden crackled through the ear piece, making me look up at him.

"We're just checking to see where they are now, get ready and keep a look out." He said, and I nodded in response.

I pulled an arrow from my quiver, resting it on the handle of the bow, looking around the surroundings as we banked to the right, as we circled the area.