18. Demonstration

It was getting dark outside, as I watched the clouds roll by whilst sitting on the bed in mine and Harry's room. I call it that since everyone knows that there's no way of me getting out of it, plus I kinda like calling it that. I sighed in content, it was just nice that I could have some alone time away from the boys and this whole Dark Angel situation, I could finally clear my mind and think properly for the first time in a while. It was weird how 'well' I had taken to the situation, I mean, I haven't really tried to escape, which I thought I would definitely try. I haven't tried to mainly because Hakon is still hanging around out there somewhere, and it's either him or Harry. I have less chance of getting hurt with Harry, or do I? That's when I started to question my safety, anywhere. If you think about it, wherever I go, I'll be caught by one of them, I'll never be free, ever again. Those words echoed through my head. Until I turned around to see Zayn at the door frame.

"What do you need?" I asked, smiling a greeting at him,

"Nothing, just you've been up here for a while and I wanted to make sure you're alright." He spoke quietly, as if he was embarressed at coming up in the first place.

"That was nice of you. But yeah I'm fine." I nodded before looking back out the window again.

"Mhm." He hummed, before I heard him taking a few more steps slowly into the room, wandering around.

"Sit down if you want." I patted the space next to me.

"Ok then." He agreed, carefully sitting down and joining me on the bed.

A few minutes went by of just complete silence, but it wasn't an awkward silence, we just both enjoyed the thinking time. I think he was the one I seemed to relate most to, he was always quite quiet and secretive, happy in his own company. I rested my head on his shoulder, sighing deeply. At first he flinched in surprise, before breathing out and relaxing. He returned the gesture by leaning his head on mine, making me smile. Our relationship wasn't that complicated, we were just friends, and I intend to keep it like that. I already have Niall and Harry at each others throats when they see the other one just looking at me.

"Zayn?" I suddenly asked, pulling my head up to look at him.

"Yes, love?" He replied sleepily, he must've almost fallen asleep on me, aw cute.

"You know you said before that you could shapeshift?". He nodded.

"When do you use it?" I turned myself around so I was facing him with my legs crossed.

"Well, if I need to sneak into somewhere, I can use it to blend in," He explained, casually shrugging as if it wasn't that important.

"So if you wanted to, you could be a werewolf too?" I chuckled at my random question,

"I suppose so, but not quite," He put a finger to his chin, "If you mean I could transform into a wolf, then yes, I could." He smiled, looking impressed with himself.

"Go on then." I encouraged, excited to see his power first hand.

"Are you sure?" He asked, looking worried.

"Why wouldn't you?" I asked cautiously,

"No reason, I'm just making sure." He chuckled. Whoa mood swings much.

He got up off the bed and positioned himself at the far end of the bed. He put his both of his index and middle fingers on each of his temples and closed his eyes in concentration. Suddenly, a cloud of white smoke swirled around him, and out from the cloud, stepped a rather large, chestnut coloured wolf.

I gasped in pleasant suprised, before moving onto all fours and crawling to the end of the bed. Zayn jumped up onto the bed and lay down next me resting his head in my lap. I stroked his head and smiled, he was cute as a wolf, he should be like this more often.