32. Unexpected Allies

It's been a few days since the encounter with Hakon's father, and boy did he seem pissed. I can't believe how fast paced my life has become recently, you can barely have a few days of peace before it all kicks off again. Usually I would feel safe here with the boys but now I didn't. Partially thanks to the utter power that seemed to radiate off of him, and partially because of the worry that was clearly evident in Harry's eyes. I can't see how we're going to get out of this one, if he was telling the truth about having the whole race of the Dark Angels fighting for him.

I sat in the living room, contemplating our situation and thinking about how we can sort all this out. I wasn't looking anywhere in particular, but I was looking out the window, watching as the clouds rolled by.

"Hey, sweetie." I heard Zayn from behind me, "What you thinking about?"

"Oh, nothing really." I murmured, "Don't worry about it."

"Do I need to turn into a dog again for you to become more sociable?" He joked.

"That's not going to work this time." I chuckled, "I've been well trained by Zeus to resist puppy eyes."

Before I heard a reply from Zayn, I felt something nudge against my side. It was the same chestnut coloured wolf from before, with the same beautiful hazel eyes that belonged to Zayn.

"I wasn't joking, Zayn." I laughed quietly, stroking his head, "But nice try."

He whined, pushing his head into my lap and under my hand so that it was resting on his head. I began stroking his head softly, watching as his eyes slowly started closing.

"Oh, Zayn." I sighed, "What are we going to do?"

He whined, nuzzling against my hand, and licking it gently.

"Bro, that's still you, and I'm still me." I chuckled, "I'd appreciate it if you didn't lick me."

I could've swore that I saw a glint in his eye, before he leapt up and barked excitedly, licking me right across my face. I laughed and spluttered as I tried to push him off. In the end, I was on the floor with Zayn on top of me, each of his front paws on my shoulders as he continued to lick me.

"Who's this?" I heard someone say from beside us.

I stopped laughing and Zayn stopped licking me as we both looked up to see who it was. Harry.

"Um..." I started, "Would you believe me if I said it was Zayn?"

"No." He replied simply,

"Then, you aren't going to believe me." I laughed as I started trying to clean his spit from my face.

At this point, Zayn got off me and stood up next to me. Soon, he had turned back into his original form, much to Harry's surprise.

"You should really start believing me more." I winked as I strolled out of the room, leaving Harry with his mouth wide open in shock.

I waltzed back into our room and lay down on the bed, still laughing to myself about what had just happened. I heard someone clear their throat at the door, and of course it was Harry.

"Hey, lover boy." I giggled, before rolling over and facing away from him,

"Don't you turn your back on me, darling." Humour evident in his voice, "You should never turn your back on a vampire."

"Well look at me now! Breaking all the rules!" I smirked to myself,

I felt an arm pull me backwards against his hard chest, his breath could be felt in my hair.

"You need to be taught a lesson." He mumbled against my neck, so that I could feel his smirk,

"I don't think so." I giggled, "I'd say I'm quite good."

"You should try being bad sometimes, babe." He kissed my neck, leaving soft bites here and there, "I like bad girls."

I turned over to face him, and kissed his the tip of his nose, "We'll see, baby."

He smirked at the name, "You've never called me that before."

"Just trying it out." I smiled.

Suddenly, we both heard some rapid and desperate footsteps, thundering down the corridor, to reveal Liam at the door way, with Zeus at his heels,

"Harry, Kate. You two need to see this." He spoke seriously, "He wants to speak to you."

I mouthed a 'who?' to Harry, but he shrugged in reply, as we both got up to follow Liam to meet this stranger that seemed so important.

---

As we turned to corner, I saw all the boys gathered around in a circle, now with Zeus pacing around, analysing the situation. When the boys noticed that I had entered the room, they parted to allow me to see who stood in the middle.

Bjorn.

But it can't be. They killed him before.

"Kate." Bjorn breathed, smiling as he saw me,

"Bjorn!" I exclaimed happily, breaking away from Harry's grasp and running over to him to hug him. "I thought you were dead..."

"I did too, but it turns out that the potion you gave me protected me so I didn't die." He smiled, hugging me even tighter.

"Why are you two so close?" Harry huffed,

"He tried to help me escape from Hakon, before you guys tried to kill him." I scowled,

"But more importantly, why are you here?" Zayn asked, crossing his arms.

"You see," Bjorn started, "Ever since Hakon's death, our main city has been up in arms. Erebus, Hakon's father has been spreading rumours about how the vampires are a danger to us all, and how you killed his son in cold blood. He's raising an army against you, you'll need to be careful from now on. Everywhere you go, a Dark Angel is sure to be watching you."

"So?" Harry pushed,

"So I'm here to help you." He smiled, "Wouldn't it be good to have a man on the inside, I can tell you everything that's going on with them, and I can tell you their next moves before they execute them."

"It's worth a try." I looked to Harry for approval,

"How do we know we can trust him?" He frowned,

"We can. Why would he have tried to help me if we couldn't trust him?" I shrugged,

"Well I'm blaming you if this goes wrong." He smirked as he bent down to kiss my forehead.

"So it's sorted." I smiled happily, "Welcome to the team."

~*~