Time to re-light this fire

Marco's p.o.v. ~

Of course, against my better judgement, Star took us to the bounce lounge. I try to find stable ground, so I don't fall off the edge again, but star keeps pulling me around to dance.

While she's holding onto my hands, I try to look around for Tom. When I find him, he's sitting on a couch by the photo booth with a drink in hand. He's just watching us 'dance' with a smug look on his face.

"Star, I need a small break. I'll come back in a bit" she frowns a little but nods, letting me go off. She goes back to dancing but less enthusiastically.

I make my way over to where Tom was sitting but stop short as I girl walks over to start talking to him. I stop and look around for the soda bar so I can do something other than interrupt them. For some reason, I feel bothered by it.

Making my way to get a soda leaves me thinking about why I'm so bothered. It's not like he can't talk to other people. It's just, he's here with Star and I. Why is sitting alone? I guess he's not really alone anymore tho, since that girl walked up to him. I sigh leaning against the soda bar looking for a cup, only to be startled by being shoved in my face.

"You look out of it Marco. You okay?" I look to my right and see Tom is the one shoving the cup in my face. I take it and shrug, looking through the flavors of soda. "I saw you walking over to me. Why'd you walk away?"

"I didn't want to interrupt. That girl beat me to you. I mean, she started talking to you, so it'd be rude." What I am saying?! He just laughs and refills his own cup.

"I would have welcomed the distraction. Since star and I broke up, a lot of demons are sending their kids chasing after me to become 'the heir's new boo' or what ever." He rolls his eyes then chuckles. "Hanging our with you is a great distraction." He starts to drink from his cup and I just pick a random drink to fill up mine.

"Well if I had known that I wouldn't have left you alone at all. Come on. Let's go dance with star." I take a few sips of my drink then take his hand to lead him to the dance floor. Instead he pulls me back to the couch.

"Let's sit here and finish our drinks first. Then we can dance." I nod and drink some more. I look up and see him smiling fondly, and I look at him confused. He just chuckles. "You're still holding my hand Diaz." I look down and quickly let it go. I feel my face heat up a little.

"Sorry." I lean back in the couch so I don't really have to face him. Instead watching star dance. She notices us so I wave and she makes faces. "Come on. My drink is done now. Let's go." I stand up and throw out my cup, Tom following.

"What? Not gonna take my hand again?" I choke on my breath causing him to laugh. "I was kidding. But if you want to, it's right here." He holds up his hand but wanders over to star, leaving me to stare at his back as he goes. Man, what is happening to me. I rush to follow.

Tom's p.o.v.

I left Marco after throwing out my cup. Honestly I just want to dance with him, but seeing his face change so much just by teasing him is too good of an opportunity to give up. I make my way throw the dance floor over to star.

"So, hows you're end of the bet going?" She just glares at me, I put my hands up in surrender. "Joke. For small talk. I know bet is basically off at this point. Neither of us want to hurt Marco. If he found out about the bet, he'd probably get mad at both of us."  She stopped glaring.

"You more so, cuz you started the bet. You set the challenge." I sigh and nod. She has a point. "So Tom. Bet is officially off?"

"Yea. He's not a toy or a prize. He's an actual person that I...we care about. So, truce?" I offer my hand to shake and she takes it.

"Truce"

"What's a truce?" Marco finally reaches up and looks out of breath.

"Marco are you okay?" I let go of star's hand and place it on Marco's shoulder. He just nods for a couple seconds.

"Yea I just got tosseled about and almost fell off the cloud by dancing couples but I'm fine." He smiles awkwardly and I take his hand this time.

"Maybe you shouldn't have let go then." I smirk and his face goes a little pink. I love that. Star takes his other hand.

"I'm sorry Marco. Cmon. Let's just dance for a little bit then we can go home." He nods and Star smiles. She and Marco start to dance randomly while still holding hands. I just laugh at their stupid faces. At least Marco hasn't let go my hand this time. I just don't know if I could let go of his hand at this point unless he let go of mine first.