Feel the warmth

Tom's P.O.V.

I was rocking back on the back legs of the chair. My dad had already left and I was waiting for who ever Jackie is, to come and show me around the school. I groan cuz I wanted Marco to. Even though I jut saw him last night, I wanted to catch up some more.

I turn to the door when I hear it click open, and I see a girl with light blonde hair and lots of different shades of blues all over her. She has a skate board under her arm. She just stares at my horns and I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Cool horns. Hey, aren't you the fire guy who asked Star to a ball last week?" She leans against the door frame and I shrug.

"What of it?" I stand up and the chair falls, she just chuckles.

"Nothing. Just kind of funny that you're now going here after she rejected you in the parking lot." She is starting to irritate me. "Anyway, I'm here to see the principal." As if on cue, he then walks into the room.

"Oh Jackie! Just in time. This is Tom Lucitor. He's going to be a new student and I want you to show him around, while I go buy another pony. I mean, do principal stuff. Now out. Shoo!" And with that he pushes us both out the door, and slams it in our faces. She just laughs and shakes her head.

"Alright, follow me Tom." She drops the board and starts skating. It's little difficult to keep up so I use my fire to fly after her.

"You know, this may be my first time in public school, but I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to do that." She just laughs and stops by some lockers, and opens one. I guess it's hers.

"So is fire, but you don't see me scolding you about it." I open my mouth to respond but I realize she's right. I push down the bit of anger bubbling up at being made fun a fool of. "Here, this locker here is yours." She points three lockers down from her own and she hands me a small card. "That's got your locker number and combination in case you forget, and here." She hands me another piece of paper. "This is your class schedule. Actually you have first, lunch and last period with me, so I can show you those when we get to them."

I jus look at the papers and the locker. Why is there so much for school? I just want to see Marco. I look up hearing her laugh and she's pointing at me. I feel my temper rise just a little bit more.

"Sorry, I'm not meaning to be rude, but you've got steam literally coming out of your ears and nose." I look and see she's right. I calm down a little and close my eyes. Happy thoughts.

Man I wish I had marshmallow with me.

"Hey Jackie. Why were you called to the principal?" I quickly open my eyes as I hear familiar voice. In front of me stands Jackie blocking them from view but I know that voice anywhere.

"Oh hey Star. Sup Marco. Surprised they chose me to show the new kid around." She steps to the side and I instantly smirk as star's smile fades to enraged. 

"TOM!" Marco sounded happy to see, but I reveled in the anger in Star's voice. Wow I'm dark. I just chuckle and wave.

"Hey Marco. Hey Star-ship." I drag it out just to annoy her. She takes a deep breath and smiles once again.

"Hi Tom. Is this where your locker is?" I nod and she nods back. I look to Marco and feel my world shrink a little. He's no longer paying attention to us but talking with Jackie. His face almost as red as his hoodie.

Before I even realize it, I had punched a hole straight through my locker. I only notice because the loud noise pulls me out of my trance. I look to see everyone staring at me, and my hand is stuck in the locker door. I growl trying to pull it out. But I her star sigh.

"Here you dope." She takes hold of my wrist and the door, then she pulls and I pull, but we end up just pulling the door out. I look at my hand then at her, and we start laughing. "Omg Tom. It's stuck!"

"I can see that." We laugh for a little bit longer, then I feel a and on my shoulder, and I see Marco.

"Are you okay?" I nod and wipe away a laughter tear.

"Yea, I just, you know I struggle. But something like this happened years ago..." Star picks up after me.

"We we're running from royal guard cuz we poured honey down the captain's armor. We hid in a closet, but got stuck..... he got frustrated.." she couldn't continue cuz she started laughing again.

"So I punched the door and it came right off the hinges. Queen moon yelled at us but we were laughing too hard to really her what she was saying. Luckily that door was wood so I just burned it off my hand.... but this is metal." I sigh and look at my hand. Then I look up at Marco. "Help?"

He just laughs and grabs my arm. "You guys go to class I'll take Tom to the nurse." I smile a little more as he doesn't let go until we're at the nurses office. "Here man, sit down."

I sit down on the... is that considered a bed? It looks really uncomfortable, but I sit down all the same.

"Huh. It looks like the nurse isn't here. Umm. Maybe Vaseline will help slide it off?" He gets up and looks around the nurse's drawers and cabinets until he finds a tiny tub barely bigger than his thumb. "Here, lets put this on your wrist." He sits down next to me and opens it up, dipping his fingers in.

"What is that? It looks gross. Why is it slimy and clear?" He just rolls his eyes.

"Relax Tom. It's just Vaseline. People use it to help in cases like this or sometimes as a chapstick."

"Chapstick?"

"Ya know, stuff to keep your lips from drying out."

"I know what chapstick is" now I do, "but why use that? Ahhh! Why is it cold!" I feel him press his fingers to my wrist under the metal locker door.

"Dude seriously, relax. It won't kill you, I promise. Just gonna help get this off. Hopefully." He chuckles and it feels really weird on my wrist. "Okay, I want you to try to twist your wrist. Carefully."

I slowly begin to twist my wrist and he pulls on the locker a little bit. It takes a little bit, but it finally comes off. I smile at him and he makes a small noise that kinda sounds like "tah dah"

"Thanks Marco." I stand up and walk over to the nurse's sink to wash off this gross substance.

"No problem. But now, we might to head to class."