Off to the store for matches

Tom p.o.v.

As soon as they left I went to my room to sleep. Big new day of things to do. So I layed down in my bed and closed my eyes.

Only to reopen them instantly as I realized we forgot to buy anything, and I need folders and things to organize my papers for school.

Ugh. School.

But it's to see Marco. So I got up and started looking around the castle. I mean we deal with all kinds of paperwork as we run the kingdom so there must be some kind of filing system I can steal from.

As I walked from room to room looking for folders or something, I bumped into my dad. He looked at me, then at the clock in the hall and back to me, with a small smile on his face. It annoyed me.

"So, what are you doing walking around the halls so late at night? Or should I say so early?" He chuckled at his own joke as it's officially 12:40.

"We forgot to buy folders and notebooks and a bag for school. So I figured I'd look around." I shrug and put my hands in my pockets.

"So you're sneaking around to steal some instead of asking?" He raises eye brows and I roll my eyes irritated at his cocky tone.

"Yea I guess, so what? It's late I don't have time for this." I start to walk off but he stops me.

"Tom. Come on. There's some in my office. Why didn't you look there?" I then look at him and I feel my temperature rise as I get more irritated.

"Cuz I'm an idiot, that's why." I hear my voice echo down the hall, so I take a deep breath. "Let's just go. The sooner I get some rest, the better." He just nods and walks. He irritates me but I'm grateful at how he stays patient with me.

We enter his office and he opens a box of folders, and some note books. They're all plain and boring tan folders and black note books. It takes me a second to realize I was staring at them with distaste and making my dad look worried.

"Here. If you don't like them, just use them for tomorrow. We'll get some better ones-"

"No dad. It's fine thank you. I was just remembering some nice ones I saw today, but didn't get a chance to get. These will work great." I smile and he ruffles my hair, making it stick out to the sides instead of up.

"Alright, you're welcome. Now go to sleep. You got school now you know." And he began shoving me back to my room.

Once I got to my room, I started putting the papers in folders and then the folders and notebooks and text books into a small duffel bag. Then climbed into my bed for a short nights sleep.

~time skip to morning~

As I was walking up to the school, when I saw Star and Marco at a locker looking all frantic. So I quickly run over.

"Hey guys! How-"

"Tom move!" And Star shoves me against the locker behind Marco. I look at them confused, and Marco just lazily leans against one of the lockers then looks towards the entrance of campus. "Did I miss out on the memo of pretend to be cool day?" Marco looks back at me irritated and I instantly regret that comment. I don't like seeing that look on Marco's face.

"Marco has a daily ritual thing and we almost missed it cuz we stopped time. Now shush. I haven't seen it before." Star covers my mouth with her hand and I see the girl who showed me around yesterday come skating in on her skate board. Jane? Jill? No. Jack. Jackie? J something. And then Marco just nodded. Seriously? I have to be silent for a nod? I pry Star's hands off my mouth.

"Hey J skate girl." Marco then turned to me with a look of utter horror on his face. "What?" She then skated back to us.

"Hey T fire dude. Marco. Star." Then awkward silence as Marco just stared at her. "Well. I'm gonna go to class now. Bye." And she skated off just as she quickly as he came by.

"Care to explain what just happened?" I look at Star and Marco. Star excitedly grabbed Marcos hands, which I refrained myself from growling at, while she was jumping up and down.

"Marco has had a crush on Jackie for years, she talked to him. After years and years of nodding and nodding-"

"Yea I think he gets it star. You don't have to explain how I never had the courage to talk to her. Although I have talked to her some. Just greetings but still!"

"Excuse me but what? Marco had a thing for the crazy skating girl?" Star rolls her eyes and puts her hands on her hips.

"Like you're one to talk about crazy? Stalking the girl you like to her school so much you now actually go there." She goating. I know this. But it's working.

"I'm not stalking. I asked you to the dance. You came. I had a good time, and realized t could be enjoyable. So I came to hang out with you guys." She smirks and then looks at Marco out the corner of her eyes.

"You're not denying you still like me." I hate her.

"I hate you. I don't like you. You make me angry every time you open your mouth." I take a deep breath and start to leave. "What ever. I'm going to class."

I leave them and head to my room, with 'Jackie'. I wonder what makes her so special to Marco that he's liked her for years, but Star doesn't seem to see her as a threat. I wonder why.