Framed Again

Wallace's POV

A week had passed since I'd been to my new school and I was getting used to it. We were still staying in the hotel since we hadn't found a cheap and good house for sale. I really wanted to use the money I had been given by Milton to buy mom and I a nice house but of course, I couldn't.

Kathy had really been the best part of staying there and we had become such great friends in such a short amount of time. Heston and her were the only distraction from everything. Sarah still hadn't unpacked her phone and Heston told me she would tell him to go away without even letting him in her room every time he tried visiting.

It was a Friday and as usual, Kathy was waiting right outside the hotel for me so we could walk to school together. I rushed out and the moment I was close to her, she said, "Be quicker next time!"

"That's what she-"

"No! None of that!", she said as we both laughed. "Why are you so weird?"

"Because normal is boring."

"True that. I wanna be different from my family too. They're all doctors or therapists but I wanna be a photographer and they're totally disappointed in me for that."

"What?!"

"I know!"

"This is your life. Why should they care what job you do if you know that job will make you happy?"

"I don't know. Maybe because the salary isn't amazing but it's not bad either."

"Who cares about salary? You'll be getting paid for having fun."

"True!"

"They'll accept and respect your decision one day. Don't worry. Only a little more of school and then you can work on becoming a good photographer."

"I also need to get better at editing. Man, there's so many places I wanna go to, to take photos."

"You'll do great. Don't mind your family."

"Thanks, Wal."

"And also, why does no one else talk to you in class? They're really missing out!"

She giggled a little, "Well, they're all really boring. I've tried talking to a few and they were just bad at being friends. It's kinda awkward but since you're here, stuff is way better."

"Even I only talk to just two kids in my school."

"Quality over quantity, I guess."

"Exactly!"

"I wanna get to talk to Sarah one day. The stuff you say about her sound really fun."

"Oh, you'll love her. She just..."

"Needs to recover for now, right?"

"Yeah. She's still not picking up. Dammit, I just wanna go to her and hug her really tight."

"You're so cute when you talk about her."

"What do you mean?"

"C'mon.", she rolled her eyes. "You say you're friends with her but anyone can tell you're head over heels for her."

"Well, seven years is a lo-"

"No, you idiot! I mean-", she groaned with a slight chuckle. "You ramble on and on about her without realizing it once you start but I never tell you to shut up because I think it's adorable."

"Um.. what's adorable..?"

"You're totally in love."

"No, I'm not!"