Scream

"Wallace, go home. I need some alone time."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Mom, you too. Go back home. I wanna be alone for a bit."

"Sweetie, let me stay. Let at least one of us sta-"

"I said I want some alone time."

"Ms Flemmings, we should leave her be for now. She's in the hospital, there are nurses and doctors if she needs help. Some alone time might help her heal."

"O-Okay. Bye, sweetie. Talk soon.", she hugged Sarah before leaving but Sarah was just expressionless.

You're worrying me.

"Sarah, if you need anything just call me. I'll get here instantly."

She didn't respond. Her mom and I just left quietly and went our separate ways before she took a few moments to thank me. I made my way through the crowd of press and I was honestly surprised to see that no one recognized me. I was looking down while going through them which must've been why. My body was a little better but I was still feeling a lot of pain throughout my body.

"Argh, Wallace, fuck you!", I talked to myself out loud once I was a little far from the crowd. Some guy on the street started to stare at me weirdly as soon as I did that.

"Got a problem?!", I yelled.

"N-No, sir."

I walked home feeling like I was walking through a desert and right as I entered my house, I threw my shoes away and went upstairs to my room to get to sleep. I was hungry but I really wanted some rest.

I took off the hospital clothes and put on a t-shirt that had, "Keep it cool." written on it and I knew it was a nice shade of blue that I could no longer see. I went to bed right after.

I'm... a murderer. I killed someone. I killed a real person. So what he was mutated and tried to kill me? He was still a person...looking for his missing daughter.

And just like that I killed him.

I cried myself to sleep while thinking of what I had done. I woke up the next morning feeling physically fresh and well-rested but I still felt incredible guilt. I opened my eyes and noticed how I still couldn't see colors.

"NO!", I screamed for a few seconds as I realized this wasn't going to be fixed. But I could see everything so much clearer than ever.

My doorbell rang multiple times at once along with heavy banging on the door.

Heston?

I rushed to the front door to open it up and saw a worried Heston.

"Why the fuck have you not been picking up your phone?!", he yelled.

"Calm down."

"Calm down?! You're telling me to calm down after a whole night of thinking you two were dead?!"

"No, Sarah's in the hospital and she's alright! Why'd you think that?!"

"Neither of you were picking up your phone, what the fuck was I supposed to think?! I don't have Sarah's parents' phone numbers and no one was at her house!"

"Heston! We're both okay, so calm the fuck down!"

"I'm sorry. Sorry. It's just.. You know what it is. Just come here, man!", he hugged me tightly. "I wanna see Sarah now. So you coming?"

"She said she wanted some alone time and I think you can see why."

"Oh. Alright, then.", he sighed.