47

Chapter 47 || Pity Party

The whispers were ridiculous. The second I stepped foot in the school, everyone's eyes were on me. I ignored them and kept my head held high. Everyone was going to talk regardless, might as well get used to it now. I headed straight for the Swords and Serpents classroom, spotting Toni, Fangs, Sweet Pea, and Jughead. I smiled and walked in, catching all of their attention.

"Hey guys." I waved. Toni squealed and pulled me gently into a hug. I hugged her back as best I could without wincing and pat her back.

"I'm so glad you're out of the hospital!" Toni grinned.

"Me too." I rolled my eyes. "The bed was uncomfortable and the food was horrendous."

"I'm sorry." Fangs blurted, pulling me into a hug. I hissed as my stitches made contact with the zipper of his jacket, but hugged him back when he started crying. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for you to get hurt."

"I forgive you, Fangs." I told him, pulling out of the hug. "But you have to help me out."

"Anything you need." He smiled, wiping his tears away.

"I can't exactly carry anything over five pounds, or physically exert myself. So, because a certain Serpent isn't speaking to me right now," I glared up at Sweet Pea. "Can you help carry my things to and from my classes?"

"Yes." Fangs nodded, also looking at Sweet Pea.

"Can we get back to why we're actually here?" Sweet Pea boomed, looking at the piece of paper in his hands.

"What's going on guys?" I asked. Sweet Pea thrust the paper into Jughead's hands with a glare. Jughead read it and crossed his arms.

"So this is how it ends, huh?" Jughead said, leaning back on the teacher's desk. I lowered myself into a chair beside Toni, wincing the whole time. Curse these stupid stitches. "Not with a whimper, but with a memo from Weatherbee."

"Riverdale High is now suddenly overcrowded." Toni sighed as Jughead crumpled up the paper. "So, starting next week all former Southside High students will be bussed to Seaside High, which is two hours away."

"Meaning," Sweet Pea spoke, looking down at Toni. "He blames us for trashing the school during riot night."

"Well, to be fair, Sweet Pea," I started, looking up at Sweet Pea. "You did."

Sweet Pea sighed and looked away from me. He leaned down and then looked at Jughead.

"What's our play, Jones?" He asked. "Do we have one?"

"I don't know anymore, guys." Jughead sighed. "I can't keep fighting for a gang that doesn't exist."

"Well, what about us?" Toni asked. "Or any of the other Serpents at the Wyrm?"

"What?" I asked, standing up. I clutched my stomach and hissed in pain at the sudden movement. Fangs grabbed me, but I brushed him off. "What Serpents at the Wyrm?"

"FP didn't tell you?" Toni asked.

"I just got released from the hospital." I stated. "He wouldn't tell me anything that would put me in 'emotional peril'."

"What does that even mean?" Jughead asked, scrunching his nose up at my mocking tone.

"It means my doctor said I need to avoid being overly emotional or I'll end up back in the hospital." I huffed. "Are we going to the Wyrm or not?"

Despite my doctor's orders, the only way to get to the Wyrm was to ride on my brother's bike. He drove as carefully and as smoothly as possible, helping me off as soon as we parked in front of the Wyrm. When we walked inside, my heart sank. All the Serpents that I'd grown up with and around were camping out on the bar's floor. Of course, they perked up when they saw me, but I could tell they were all sad. Jughead and I shook our heads at the sight.