20

Chapter 20 || Toys For Tots

"I hate Christmas." I announced, putting my empty mug on the table. Fangs, Toni, Sweet Pea and I were seated at a booth in Pop's, watching people purchase their Christmas trees from Fred Andrews through the window.

"We know." They all chorused. I pouted at them, reaching for Sweet Pea's hot chocolate.

"That was creepy." I informed them, sipping Sweet Pea's hot chocolate.

"What about you Kitty?" I heard Mr. Andrews ask.

"I'm sorry?" I asked, looking up at him confused.

"You want a Christmas tree kid?" He asked with a laugh. I shook my head, smiling genuinely at him.

"No, thank you Mr. Andrews." He smiled and nodded.

"You should accept the tree. It's free." Archie spoke.

"Christmas has never been my thing, Archibald." I said, not even looking at him. Sweet Pea took his hot chocolate back, making me whine in protest.

"I'll get you a refill, baby." He said, kissing my forehead as he slid out of the booth. Archie cleared his throat awkwardly, still looking down at me.

"Are you ever going to forgive me?" He asked, taking Sweet Pea's spot. Toni and Fangs glared at him from across the table, but Archie kept his eyes on me.

"How can I forgive you for pointing a loaded gun in my face, Archibald?" I snapped, glaring up at him.

"I wasn't going to use it!" He protested.

"It doesn't matter." I said, shaking my head. "You should know that the one thing I hate slightly less than people breaking promises to me is admitting that I was scared. And I was scared, Archibald. You scared me."

"Kat-" He started.

"Just go." I cut him off. He sighed and slid out of the booth.

"For what it's worth, I am sorry." He said before leaving.

"You okay?" Toni asked, reaching across the table to grab my hand.

"I'm fine." I sighed. "I'm just frustrated that he thinks it'll be an easy road to earn my forgiveness."

"You shouldn't feel the need to forgive him, baby." Sweet Pea said, handing me a new hot chocolate.

"I know." I smiled happily, drinking my hot chocolate.

"You have a whipped cream mustache." Fangs laughed, pointing to my upper lip. I licked my lips, successfully getting rid of the mustache. Toni laughed at me as I went back in for another drink.

"Leave me alone." I whined. "This is the only good thing about Christmas Time for me."

"Drinking hot chocolate?" Toni asked.

"With my wonderful friends." I added, and then I looked at Sweets. "And my man."

"Well you have about five minutes to finish that hot chocolate before we have to go." Toni said, checking the time on her phone.

"You're all lucky I love children." I huffed, chugging down the rest of my hot chocolate. "Let's go."

--------

I sat beside Sweet Pea expertly wrapping the toys placed in front of me, and fixing Sweet Pea's horrible wrapping before depositing them into their respected piles.

"What is all this?" Jughead asked, walking into the Whyte Wyrm.

"It's a Serpent tradition." Toni answered. Sweet Pea handed me a wrapped toy that was held together by an entire roll of tape.