31

Chapter 31 || Tattoos

The next morning I woke up, shimmied out of bed, and made breakfast for everyone. As I flipped a pancake, I turned to check on Sweet Pea and Fangs, stifling a laugh as I saw that they were cuddling each other. I snapped a picture and continued making breakfast.

"Morning." Toni yawned, followed by a sleepy Cheryl. They both sat at the table, picking at the buffet of food I'd created for them. Pancakes, waffles, eggs, ham, bacon, toast, and sausages were on plates for them.

"Morning, my loves." I chirped, pouring myself a cup of fresh coffee. "Eat before I wake up the heathens."

"Heathens!" Toni squeaked, choking on her laughter. I giggled along with her, making Cheryl laugh too.

"What's so funny?" Fangs grumbled, walking into the kitchen.

"Nothing, dear. Eat. I made everything." I directed him toward the food as I perched on the kitchen counter.

"I love you." He smiled, piling food onto his plate. Sweet Pea was the last to wake up, and he ignored everyone as he made a beeline for me. He wrapped his arms around me as he positioned himself between my legs. He rested his head on my shoulder and whined sleepily. I laughed as I hugged him back, running a hand through his hair.

"Good morning, baby." I smiled. He shook his head.

"No." He whined. I giggled and pulled his head away from my shoulder.

'Yes, it is a good morning." I handed him my coffee and hopped off the counter. As he sipped my coffee, I grabbed his hand and made him sit at the table. He put the coffee down and looked at all of the food, his eyes widening.

"Eat up, baby. I want to get a tattoo today and I want you guys to come with me." I smiled, walking to the cabinet to get another cup for my coffee.

Breakfast was great, although I didn't eat any of it. It was all gone before I finished my second cup of coffee, and I don't eat breakfast before I drink my coffee. Nonetheless, I cleaned everything up and made sure everyone got dressed.

"You're such a mom." Fangs commented, pulling a shirt on. I fixed his collar and laughed.

"Someone has to be." I shrugged. Sweet Pea walked over to me next. I fixed his shirt and his jacket, leaning up and kissing him softly. He wrapped his arms around me and deepened the kiss. I pulled away from him and smiled at him.

"I love you." He said, looking down at me.

"I love you too." I smiled. He let me go and laughed. "What?"

"You need to get dressed." He chuckled. I looked down at my pajamas and blushed. Sweet Pea's shirt covered me completely, and the shorts I wore to bed looked invisible.

"Yeah, got it." I mumbled. I pushed open the bedroom door, startling Cheryl and Toni. Both were facing away from each other, both blushing like mad. I ignored that and swiftly changed out of my pajamas and into a pair of jeans and a loose tank top. I put my Serpent jacket on and pulled the girls out of the bedroom with me.

"Ready?" Sweet Pea asked.

"Hell yeah." I smiled. I led the group, with Cheryl on the back of my bike, to the tattoo shop. We parked in a line and walked into the shop confidently.

"How can I help you, Serpent princess?" A Serpent, Dusty, asked. I smiled at him.

"I want a few new tattoos." I stated.

--------

"I want to see!" Cheryl demanded as soon as I walked back out to the group.

"Alright." I nodded, lifting up my shirt.

(On the left side of the rib cage)

"Are those...?" Toni asked.

"Sweet peas." I nodded with a smile.

"Baby," Sweet Pea trailed off, eyes focused on the tattoo. A smile slowly spread across his features.

"Do you like them?" I asked.

"Definitely." Cheryl nodded. Toni and Fangs nodded as well.

"Sweets?" I asked.

"Baby, it's beautiful." Sweet Pea breathed. I let out a sigh of relief and smiled.

"There's another one." I added, dropping my shirt.

"Is it a cherry?" Cheryl asked with a smile.

"Not a cherry, Cherry. Not until you get a kitten." I smirked, pulling the waistline of my pants down slightly. Resting on the front of my right hip were the words I solemnly swear that I am up to no good scrawled in elegant script.

"You nerd." Toni teased.

"That's me." I smiled, gently pulling the waistband over the fresh tattoo.

"Any others?" Fangs asked. I shook my head.

"Might get an underboob tattoo next time." I shrugged. Sweet Pea wrapped an arm around my shoulders, sending me a smile.

"Do it." Cheryl urged. I pulled out some cash and paid Dusty.

"Thanks, D." I smiled.

"You're welcome, princess. Come back any time, you sit like a dream." He laughed.

"Highest pain tolerance of them all." I joked, letting Sweet Pea pull me out of the tattoo shop.

"Let's ride, losers." Sweet Pea laughed, climbing onto his bike.

--------

When we got back to the trailer park, everyone was partying. Cheryl accepted a ride home from Fangs, and Toni said she had to go. I said my goodbyes to Cheryl and started pushing my way through Serpents.

"Dad!" I called, pushing open the trailer door. He looked at me, smiling wide.

"Hey, kiddo! Hey, Sweet Pea!"

"Dad, what's going on?" I asked, shoving a Serpent who bumped into me.

"Everyone's staying! No more eviction notices!" Dad called, making the Serpents around us cheer loudly. I smiled wide, throwing my arms around my father.

"That's great!" I cheered. Dad laughed, handing me and Sweet Pea some beers before joining the party. I grabbed Sweet Pea's hand and pulled him away from the crowded trailer.

"I get to stay!" He cheered as soon as we were away from everybody. He pulled me into his arms, careful of my new tattoo, and kissed me.

"We get to stay." I smiled, watching him pop off the top of his beer.

"I love you. So much." He stated, his eyes twinkling and his smile wide.

"I love you too, Sweet Pea."