She Hasn't Even Noticed Me

Start from the beginning

I need to find out who is behind all of this. 

"Is she okay?" Nathan asks and I glare at him again. I signal for him to keep his mouth shut.

"Are Abrelle and Natalia safe?" I ask. 

"Yes," Will answers. "No one got hurt, but whoever it was got away. I no longer think Ms. Abrelle is safe in her home." 

"I'm on my way," I tell him before hanging up and starting to make my way towards my car. 

"What was the offer?" Nathan asks, following me. 

"I told her she could live with me," I explain, turning to face him. "When we were at the hospital she refused and made it very clear she had no intentions of accepting the offer".

"But she's scared now," Nathan growls and I can see he's truly worried about her. "I need to see her." 

"Nathan," I scoff. "You cannot be serious. If she knows you're alive, everyone is in danger. You get that, right?" 

"Look," Nathan glares at me "No offense, but she needs someone who she trusts to be there for her. She just lost him. She needs me." 

"Trust?" I yell. "She thinks you're dead!" 

I can see he flinches at the tone of voice, but I have to make him understand. 

"You made her believe you died!" I continue yelling. "How is she supposed to trust someone who lied about being alive?" 

"That's not fair," he scoffs, his eyes welling with tears. "I had to lie and you know that!" 

"I know," I nod. "I'm not saying you wanted to hurt her or did this out of fun. But she won't see that, not right away. If we tell her, she will lose faith in everyone. Me, you, and Noah. She won't know who to trust anymore." 

"She's alone Elliot," he says, his voice soft. "She's hurting and she has no one." 

"I know," I nod. "But she won't be alone for long. I'll be there and then Noah will wake up."

"And if he doesn't?" Nathan asks, his voice filled with anger. "If he dies?" 

"I don't know," I answer honestly. "I will figure it out." 

I have to figure it out. 

"You won't," Nathan growls. "When she was released from prison Noah said it was the worst he had ever seen her. You weren't there for her!" 

I flinch at his words. 

You weren't there for her!

"She stopped talking, she stopped eating, she stopped wanting to be alive" he continues. "He pulled her out of that. Not me. Not you. Him! If he dies and Abrelle doesn't have anyone she will be crushed. She will give up and you won't know what the fuck to do".

Not me. Not you. Him!

The words ring in my head and I know he's right.  

"You underestimate her," I answer. "Your sister is stronger than we think." 

I say the words not knowing if I truly believe them. 

"For your sake, I hope so. Because if she isn't and something happens to her, that'll be on you" he says in a low and menacing voice, before turning around and walking away. 

"Nathan," I say after him, but he doesn't stop walking. 

Fuck!

***

"I'm going to pick her up right now Macy," I say as I drive down the dark road. 

"If she's staying in the other room, " she says and I can hear she's moving things around. "Where am I going to sleep?"