I Would Never Pick Such a Hideous Wig

Abrelle's POV

"I'm not getting out of the car," I shake my head knowing exactly where wants to take me. "I don't know what this trip down memory lane is about, but I don't want any part of it Stone."

"Stop calling me Stone," he growls and it catches me by surprise, the anger in his voice. "Look I am trying to help you, but you are making it near impossible to even want to."

"So don't," I growl feeling a sudden surge of anger. "I don't need your help."

"For fucks sake Abrelle," he yells. "Grow the fuck up! You don't think we all notice! I mean, three bottles of wine a night for a week is a record, I mean that's impressive. . . . You are incapable of being real because you're scared of what that even means. "

His words feel like a hard slap to the face and I sit there trying my best to hold my anger in, but before I can say anything he sighs. 

"I'm going," he says and I can hear how defeated he sounds. "You're welcome to come with me or you can stay here and wallow in your own self-pity. I'm tired of this." 

Ok, that hurt. 

I look down at my hands trying my best to hide the way his words hit me.

I mean, I get that I'm a difficult person to deal with, but how can he expect me to trust him? How can I allow myself to go there again with him? With anyone.

I know, I know I have trust issues. But I have plenty of reasons to have trust issues. I mean, Luis cheated on me. Sam and Alisson betrayed me. God, even my mom has blackmailed me. 

"You know," he says. "I get that what I did was fucked up. I get that Abrelle, but I was always on your side. . .and yes I could have gone about it a different way. I could have stayed or made another decision, but I didn't. I know that it hurt you, but you have to believe that I was only trying to help . . . and I'm sorry." 

Shit. 

I mean what the hell am I supposed to do with that? 

"Won't they recognize us?" I ask as I open the car door.

I really hope I don't regret this decision Stone. 

He looks a bit surprised as I get off the car and walk toward him. He doesn't say anything but walks to the trunk of the car and pops it open. I see a box with what looks to be the worst-looking long blonde wig, a pair of sunglasses, red lipstick, and a different set of black clothes. 

"I bought the building," he shrugs. "So no one will think anything of me coming. You, on the other hand, we need to hide."

Wait, blonde hair and red lipstick? 

"Am I supposed to be Macy?" I scoff as I look up at him.

"She is my fiancee," he says, a small playful smile on his face. 

Seriously? I'm going to dress up as Macy and walk next to Elliot so everyone thinks it's a fantastic lovers' outing. 

"I don't like her," I say as I pull out the blonde wig. "And not even I would pick such a hideous wig. She's going to be pissed." 

"Whatever," he shrugs. "It's all I could find last minute. Besides it kinda looks like her hair, I mean it's the same color." 

"I'll be sure to mention you said that when I show it to her," I say as I unbraid my ponytail and take my hair down.

"Please don't" he chuckles. "Or she'll kill me". 

*** 

I knew we were going to our building complex the minute Elliot parked the car, but seeing the building in front of me suddenly going inside feels daunting. We haven't said a word since I put the stupid blonde wig and Macy costume in the car. At least he was smart enough to bring me a pair of jeans and a hoodie that was my size.