❤/❤

[A/n: An overview of the past few chapters but in Jimin's point of view (POV) / perspective. Slightly longer than usual. Please don't skip it thinking it's just an overview, there are some important points that you don't want to miss out on. Twice the size of my average chapter size. Hope you enjoy!]

/

If there was one thing I was sure of in my whole life, it was that happiness and love would never be in my life.

I don't remember how or where I was born, but my first memory comes from the time when I was beat up. I think I was around 5 years old then, and I tasted the metallic taste of blood for the first time in my life then.

That wasn't my last, because that was just the start of my harsh and strict life. I was trained to fight, so that my 'owner' could make me participate in underground hybrid fighting rings. I was made to go through the toughest exercises and diets for his own amusement and entertainment.

I was sick of it, I was tired. But even if I talked out of turn, I used to get punished. At 20, I finally managed to somehow escape his clutches, feeling guilty to leave the others who were suffering under him like me. But my freedom didn't last long.

He caught me again and I was sexually, verbally, physically and mentally abused for days. Even remembering those days brings goosebumps upon my body and I shudder.

I was so grateful when the hybrid rescue officers found us and saved us. Even then, when I was placed in an adoption centre, I could see that nobody wanted me.

Simply because I was a fighter, I could very well hurt them. My sudden jolts of aggressiveness were something they didn't want to bother themselves with. Once again, I was assured of the fact that I would never get love or happiness.

And then, she came. She called herself (l/n) (y/n), and I wondered for what selfish reason she wanted me. Perhaps she wanted someone who can fight, like a bodyguard? Or maybe, she wanted me to entertain and amuse her by punishing me like some owners do to their hybrids.

I was hesitant to open up to her, because for all I knew, her sweetness could be a facade that could cost me more than anything.

But she never let her sweetness drop. She never scolded me, even when I kinda forced myself on her, even though it was unintentional.

I didn't know what came over me, but when her friends and their hybrids came over, I felt a bit sick. I felt something bubbling inside me when I could smell the other dog, Taehyung, all over her. A sense of possessiveness ran over me, because no matter how much I didn't trust her, she was still my master.

It's hybrid tendency to want their master's smell to be like themselves, or like their own self. Smelling another hybrid is a sign of taunt and mockery by the other one, but Taehyung didn't seem to have such intentions.

In fact, whenever I met him after that in the next few months, along with the bunny, Jungkook, I realised that they are both incredibly happy and self-satisfied. They also seemed to like each other a lot, but didn't seem to know it. I didn't feel the urge to rub myself on her after that, because Taehyung seemed to have been told not to go too near her.

Her actions confused me, because every time she did something, I almost expected her to show her true colours, which never happened.

But the day it dawned on me what she was trying to do was when we went to Hoseok-hyung's shop.

Hoseok-hyung took me to a room where I was hesitant to go, because I didn't know him and he could very well do something to me.

But hyung just started some music and danced to it. I forgot all about my worries for those few minutes as I watched him dance in awe.