R - Risking Health

R - Risking Health

I took Jimin to Hoseok's house every weekend, because I loved his smile and happiness that came whenever he returned. Over the course of five months, Jimin had finally got used to my touch.

I was happy about that, but knowing I had only seven months remaining was not something that I was happy about. I was worried in fact, because I didn't know how I was going to break the news to Jimin.

It was early November, and Autumn was coming to an end, when I could finally get some free time. I had been doing some part-time jobs to juggle up some money, since I couldn't do a full-time job because of my illness.

It was a Sunday morning when I woke up around 8:00, but I didn't want to get out of bed. I stayed like that, staring at the ceiling. I had known about my disease for the past 2 years, so I had done all the things on my bucket list.

The only thing that remained was that I had never had a lover. At the young age of 24, I had never had someone who will love me. I always thought that love was a very important part of life.

When people say you cannot live without love, they mean that we need someone to care for us. And because I had my friends and their hybrids, I was fine without one. Although, I do admit I want someone to cuddle to, someone to return to.

I wanted to give love to someone who didn't have anyone, which is what caused me to adopt Jimin. I wanted him to feel the love and care by someone else.

I sat up on my bed, and my eyes flew to Jimin's mattress. His eyes were closed, a peaceful look on his face, as he slept quietly. I swung my feet off the bed and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and bath.

When I returned, I saw that Jimin was still asleep. I called out to him as I brushed my hair.

"ChimChim," I said in a loud yet gentle voice. "Wake up, it's nearly 9! I'm making breakfast, if you don't wake up and bath till I'm done, you are not getting any breakfast."

I didn't mean that, and I was sure Jimin knew that too, because when it came to him, I was all bark and no bite. I went out once I saw him shift under the blankets.

I hummed to myself as I made some omelets for the two of us. As I flipped one of them on the pan, I wondered how Jimin's practice went last night. He looked sweaty and tired, but he was happy so I didn't say anything then.

I felt like he was going too hard on himself, because he went to sleep without eating anything. And this wasn't the first time he had done that either. I had promised myself that I would tell him off today.

When I was done, I placed them on a plate and placed some buttered toasts next to it. Jimin still hadn't come out, so I placed the plates on the dining table and went to the bedroom to check on Jimin.

To my shock, Jimin was still asleep. He never did that. I crouched down next to his mattress, and I shook him. His body felt warm. Jimin groaned, his eyes opening as he looked at me dizzily.

"Jimin?" I asked worriedly. I felt his neck and forehead. He was heating up. "Jimin, you're sick! With a fever! Shit, sit up. I'll transfer you to my bed."

"No, I- I'm fine," he yawned, as I made him sit up. "Jus' shleepy."

"Chim, please," I begged him. "Just get on my bed, and I'll see what needs to be done."

Jimin didn't argue and helped me to get him on my bed. I told him to stay awake for a few minutes while I ran some quick calls to Jin and Hoseok.

"Jimin, Hoseok said you didn't take a break last night at all even when he insisted," I said disapprovingly from the bathroom that was attached to my bedroom. I finished collecting the cold water in a bowl and went to my room to grab a napkin. Jimin just sat on my bed, staring at me.

I sat down next to him, putting the folded napkin in the bowl. I had checked his temperature and he was high. I had called a doctor, who would be coming in half an hour. I made Jimin lie down as I placed the wrung napkin on his forehead.

"Don't work yourself so hard," I said softly as I pushed back the strands of hair on his forehead. His eyes bore into mine, and I could see the guilt. "I know you love dancing, but take care of yourself. Have I ever stopped you from doing it? Just eat, drink and take rest when you should. Skipping on that will make you sick. And seeing you sick makes me sad. Do you want me to be sad?"

Jimin shook his head, looking like a kid caught stealing a cookie. I just smiled at the cute sight before changing the nakpins.

"I'm sorry," he said for minutes later. "Because of my sickness you have to take care of me now. I'm a burden once again."

"Chim," I gave him a warning look. "You are not a..."

"Burden," he finished the sentence I had made him say every time he said he was a burden.

"You don't give me...?"

"Trouble."

"You're my cute ChimChim, who I...?"

"Love a lot," he mumbled the last part, red cheeks blooming up on his face. I smiled and stood up after changing the napkins again. The bell rang and I quickly went out.

"Ah, doctor, you're here!" I smiled at him. The hybrid doctor smiled back at me. "He's inside. Please help me, I don't know what to do because I have never had a hybrid before."

"Of course, don't worry, all will be fine," he assured me.

Oh, I hope Jimin will be fine.

•♣•

Words: 1033

Updated/Published On:
6th December 2019
06/12/2019