A Million Reasons Why

On Monday, back at school, we're all on the lookout for the Mystery Uploader. Jodie and Nell are in one form room, Rose and I in another. Jodie holds a conference in the locker rooms before we go our separate ways.

"It'll be somebody shifty," she says, "who gives us strange looks or a smug smile. He'll definitely be watching us, to see if we've noticed. Before he enacts part two of his plan."

"What part two?" Nell asks nervously. 

She shrugs. "I couldn't say. Who knows what he could be capable of?" 

"Maybe he did see that video of you in the leotard and he's nefariously entered you for Strictly Come Dancing." Rose says, smiling at me.

"Oh, fabulous," I sigh. "This is still funny for you.It wouldn't be so funny if you'd been the one in the kilt, shimmying your little butt off,"

Rose laughs. She sounded great on guitar, and looked it too, in her full-length dress. Sitting down. She has no idea.

We scan the crowd in the corridors and our form rooms, and, frankly, if Jodie's right, the Mystery Uploader could be anybody. Everyone in St Christophers's seems to give us either strange looks or smug smiles or both.By lunchtime, Jodie's pretty convinced that at least half our year are in on it. Nell's a nervous wreck and i'm pretty close myself. Rose has taken notes for me in History, because I just can't concentrate. 

Then, back in our classroom, I'm rootling around in my school bag for a Biro and suddenly there it is: my beautiful iPhone, still in it's sparkling turquoise cover, nestling in it's little pocket as if it has always been there. Is this a mirage? Is it a joke? Did he or she read my comment last night? Is this the reply?

I turn it over and over, checking for signs of damage, but there are none rthat I can see. Rose, seeing me holding it, rushes over to me with a shriek of delight. When I turned it on, my emails are still intact. So are my messages and my Interface page. Nothing has changed. Nothing embarrasing seems to have been sent, done or used, apart from that one video.

Still only that one mean comment about Rose, which was half nice anyway: it did say she was good at guitar, after all.

Plus one saying:

The fit bird in the skirt has great legs.

And one saying:

Hotlegs is Sasha Bayley, Year 11. 

75 votes. 76. 77. 

This is what it says on the home page of Killer Act on interface:

Do you have the talent? Are you a future star?

Now in it's 3rd year, the most exciting competition for teen talent is back - sponsored by Interface, the fastest-growing social network in the world. You can be any kind of musical act - singer, dance, rapper, band. You just have to be 18 or under, still in full-time education, and unsigned.

Upload your video and get your friends and fans to vote.

The 100 acts with most votes will get the chance to audition for the LIVE TV FINALS!!!!!

In March, the top 9 acts, as chosen by our team of internationally successful star judges, will compete ON LIVE TV IN THE UK AND STREAMED LIVE WORLD-WIDE, for the prize of a contract to advertise Interface for a year, worth £100,000!!!!!

Want to be the face of Interface? Then upload your video now.

KILLER ACT. CAN YOU KILL IT?