008: soulmate au

[ 𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 . ]

Everything you draw or write on your skin appears on your soulmate's skin in the same exact spot. Sometimes, little reminders will appear on your hand, or more heartbreaking another girl's number on your forearm. Sometimes, Lance will find a doodle from when you were bored or an ink splotch or two.

[ 𝘬𝘦𝘪𝘵𝘩 . ]

Every time you listen to music, your soulmate hears it as well. This can lead to some... interesting situations. Loud music when you're trying to sleep, Keith listening to the same song over and over again, when Keith would be trying to train you would listen to some emotional sad music, etc. However, there are other times like when Keith would sing to himself whether in the shower or just because the song's stuck in his head and vice versa. Life was like a musical, and you had an almost constant soundtrack. It was pretty clear your soulmate loved music--especially punk rock music...

[ 𝘱𝘪𝘥𝘨𝘦 . ]

There's a tattoo on your inner wrist that counts down the seconds until you meet your soulmate. Pidge did the math a long time ago to figure out exactly when she'd meet you. The nerves that built and built as it got closer to zero made you go nuts. It was like torture. But, she was worth the wait. That was for sure.

[ 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘰 . ]

Every night, your dreams are actually your soulmate's memories. Most nights you wouldn't dream, actually, but when you did, you would often have nightmares. It broke your heart every time; witnessing him being tortured, experimented on, forced to fight, losing his memories... You just wanted to meet him already so you could tell him everything is okay. He, on the other hand, always loved your memories. They were always comforting when he was in the Galra prisons. It's almost as if you were there giving him a hug every night.

[ 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘬 . ]

You and your soulmate share the same scars and skin disfigurements or quirks. You had several questions to ask Hunk. Got a weird birthmark? Well, he's stuck with it too! You have a few burn scars from him being clumsy while cooking or working on certain tech. You probably have some marks you don't even know about thanks to adventures in space.

[ 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵 . ]

You both share a tattoo of a compass that always points in the direction of your soulmate. If you ever get lost, it's easy to find your way home--unless your soulmate is lost too. You had tried to find Matt before you actually met but something always got in the way. However, Matt always liked the tattoo; just being able to look at his wrist and know that you were out there... out there somewhere just waiting for him...