16: Taking A Closer Step

[A/N] WARNING!! Heavy language

"Thank you, bye!" Jenny waved as she stepped outside the hair salon. Elegantly pushing her newly-done hair behind her neck as the night breeze played with its strands and walking with buoyant steps toward her parked car that was waiting for her a number of stores away.

Feeling her cellphone vibrating, Jenny slowed her pace to pick the device out of her cluttered purse to be able to answer whoever was calling.

She could only make out the shape of her cellphone's screen as a gloved hand wrapped firmly around her mouth while another one pulled her into the darkness of a nearby alleyway.

Jenny screamed, but her shrieking was muted by a thick gag over her mouth. She tried to fight, clawing and scratching at the arm that held her tightly it squeezed the air out of her lungs without vain.

With her wrists tied together by a cable tie and a bag over her head, Jenny felt herself getting hauled up and thrown on what assumed was a car's backseat.

Jenny kept thrashing, attempting to kick what she thought it was a door as the vehicle moved. She couldn't see anything, couldn't hear anything despite the fact that her ears were uncovered, but her frantic heartbeat filled her hearing as the crippling sense of terror took over her senses, her brain stopped functioning as bloodcurdling imaginations started seizing it.

She had been kidnapped.

After what felt like an eternity, and an exhausting amount of screeching and thrusting, Jenny felt the car slowing down to a stop. A moment later, a pair of strong hands pulled her out of the vehicle and on her feet.

Still has the strength to resist, Jenny attempted to wiggle herself out of the iron-like grip that enclosed around her arms, but the gloved hand nudged her, silently ordering her to move forward.

Complying to her kidnapper's command, Jenny blindly moved with timid steps, being led by the gloved hands until she was told to halt by another nudge.

A new sense of fear attacked her as the hot air she was trying to breathe through the bag started to suffocate her, making it unable for her to organize her messy thoughts to find a way to discover what kind of situation she was dumped in.

Suddenly, a wave of air wafted over her face as the black bag was finally removed off her head, she couldn't help but gasp at the feeling of its coolness on her damp skin as her flowing tears stained her cheeks and went down her chin.

The first thing Jenny saw when she opened her eyes was an old-looking, wooden table with two similar chairs right in front of her, the table held a bottle of water and a glass. A small lightbulb dangled over it, illuminating a circle around the setting and leaving the remaining space around it in shades.

Looking around her, she noticed that the place she was in was huge, bare brick walls and gray cement floor with a very high ceiling, she idly wondered if it was a storage unit of some sort.