55.1

-Calum's P.O.V-

Once I got Al's message I immediately started to panic, did she want to talk me because of my little confession to her the other night? Will she tell me to stay away from her and that I scared her?
A lot of thoughts entered my mind but I know I still had to face her.

Me: bad news? :-(

I decided to text her before even getting ready, I don't want to see her while wearing my comfy clothes but I just feel like it'll make me feel better once I find out what we're gonna talking about.

Al: idrk tbh just come quick.

And that made me panic even more, Al is very confusing but I'm more than ready to come and fix her problems even if I'm her problem. I will be talking to her not as an admirer, but as a friend, a best friend.

I quickly got some jeans to wear and grabbed a pair of sneakers before leaving my room, I was already wearing some white shirt and I just showered so I don't see the point of changing my shirt.

"Cal? Is that you?" Mom softly asked from her room, I guess I was making so much noise. I slowly went to her room just to go check up on her and inform her about me leaving the house.

"Mom? Yeah mom, it's me." I said and smiled at her.

"Where are you going? You were making so much noise so I knew you were getting ready for something," She told me.

"Ah yeah, sorry about that, did I wake you up?" I worriedly asked.

"It's nothing, so?" She said.

"Oh, I'm going to Al's today, she told me she wanted to talk." I told her and saw her eyes widen.

"Ah! Good, good, hold on." She said and slowly went to her drawer, probably to get something for me.

"Here, give this to Ally." She said, giving me a small box.

"What's in it?" I asked mom.

"It isn't for you honey, don't open it alright?" Mom smirked at me and I just nodded.

"Don't open it honey, I'm serious." She seriously told me.

I sighed before replying, "Yes mom. I'm going now."

"Bye honey, don't hurt her okay?" Mom said.

"Yes mom, goodbye." I said and kissed her cheek before leaving her room.

-Ally's P.O.V-

"Ally! Calum's here for you!" I heard Patty yell from the living room and the door closing.

"Bring him up!" I yelled and quickly combed my hair, I don't want him to see me while I have bed hair because that's just a turn off for guys, right? Wait, why am I even trying to look decent in front of Cal, I mean, he already saw me as a mess anyway, ugh.

"Knock, knock." I heard him say, but not do.

"Who's there?" I asked playfully.

"The big, bad, wolf." He said in a low voice which was very attractive if you ask me.

"Erm, come in?" I awkwardly said, way to embarrass yourself Ally.

I heard him chuckle before opening my door. He stood there looking, yet again, so attractive and I couldn't take my eyes off of him, I suddenly feel like combing my hair meant nothing to him.

"Sorry I look like crap," I chuckled.

"Nah, you look beautiful as always." He smirked and I immediately blushed making him chuckle.

"So what am I doing here exactly?" He asked me, clearly confused as to why he's in my room at the moment.

"I-I don't know actually.." I mumbled, great.

"Al, I did not go here for nothing." He sighed and I just shrugged.

"Come on Al, you're being so difficult, spill it already." He said in a bored tone.

"I-I'm uh.." I couldn't manage to say the words I wanted to tell him.

"Al, come on." He said and sat down next to me on my bed.

"I seriously can't Cal-I'm so.." I whispered, not even daring to look at him.

"Al, oh! Mom wanted me to give you this." He said, handing me a cute, small, pink box with my name written on it.

"What's this?" I asked while observing the box.

"I don't know, mom told me not to open it." He said and shrugged.

"Oh.." I said and shook the box which made a soft sound and I guess some papers were inside by the sound it made.

"So? What is it that you wanted to tell me?" He asked again.

I ignored him and observed the box even more, at the bottom of the box, there was a short note written by Aunt Joy in cursive.

Ally,

Please don't open this in front of or with Calum, he doesn't need to know about this right now or else he'll hate me for doing this and be embarrassed. ;)

"I guess I'll just leave then?" He silently said and stood up.

"No!" I yelled and grabbed his arm, forcing him to sit on the bed with me.

"Al, you won't tell me anything, this is getting boring." He sighed but sat down next to me.

"I-I erm, let's just bond?" I suggested since I still didn't have the guts to tell him about my feelings.

"I dont thing that's-"

"Please?" I pouted and looked at him with my best sad face and heard him chuckle.

"Fine. But only because you're cute when you beg." He said and chuckled.

"You can go do whatever you want while I open this box, alright?" I told him.

"I can help you open-"

"No, I'm doing this by myself." I interrupted him.

"Fine! I'll just play some games then," He stood up and searched for my video games.

"Sure," I said and slowly removed the tapes on the box, after a few seconds of trying, I finally opened it and my guess was right, inside were a bunch of papers with my name written on it.

It was stacked so I guess it was stacked by order so I got the first letter, looked at Cal to make sure he wasn't looking, before opening the paper.

July 23, 2013

Dearest Al,

It had been a year and a half I think, after our friendship broke. It was all because of me, I know, but you didn't have the chance to know why I did what I did. And that is why I'm writing you this letter, since I couldn't talk to you in school and you won't let me in your room.

I did it because I really liked you that time and I was tipsy, okay, that's a horrible excuse so I won't be using that. I liked you a lot and that's why when I was given a chance to kiss you, I took it. I know we promised each other that we won't have feelings for each other but you can't really control your feelings, am I right? I see you being happy with your new friends and well, I decided to move on as well but that's the problem, I couldn't. No matter how much I try, you were always on my mind.

And that was how I knew my feelings for you grew, I didn't only have a little crush on you, it was more than that and I don't have the guts to tell you face to face and plus, you wouldn't let me so hopefully my letter would get to you soon. I know you will never feel the same way but I already accept it, I hope you'll find someone who'll love you but remember this, nobody will ever love you the way I loved you Al, always remember that.

Calum Hood.