Author's Note

So I have been putting the same copy/paste Author's note in all my books, but I wanted to take the time to write out something for this book. I stopped writing fanfiction a long while ago (well over a year at least) and it never ceases to amaze me that, regardless of my inactivity, my old works still attract readers. 

My main goal as a writer (fanfiction or otherwise) is to inspire an emotional response. I want to immerse people in my stories and make them feel personally connected to what I have to write, almost as if they were really there. I stopped writing fanfiction because it felt like I wasn't able to do that anymore? Almost like using someone else's characters was cheating and I needed to set out to try and build my own personalities to use. 

At any rate, you guys probably don't want an essay about my reasons for beginning and quitting to write fanfiction. My whole point of this note is that I want to say thank you. I get discouraged ridiculously easy. Most of my original ideas don't get posted because halfway through, I decide they are complete and utter shit. But logging back on here to see that people still read and comment and vote on my stuff in my absence is really encouraging. It reminds me that even if my original works never get that much attention, I still have managed to have some impact. 

So thank you for all your comments (even the ones that I cannot quite make sense of lol)

My new account on here is @memento-scribet (if it doesn't come up in the search, my only posted work is in the reading list of this account). You can also check me out on AO3 at Remember_to_Write (mostly the same works you can find on here) and Memento_Scribet.

If you wanted to get to know me as a person, or want an actual response, check me out on Tumblr (Memento-Amare)

https://ko-fi.com/memento