An Alright Cupid (Feat. Roy Harper)

"MY LIFE FUCKING SUCKS." Y/N cried out as she threw her purse on the table.

"Care to share with the class?" Roy said, not even looking up from what he was working on

"I'm not even going to ask what you are doing in my apartment right now, I just need someone to rant to." Y/N said as she plopped into one of her chairs.

"Well, then shoot."

"Okay so there is this guy right? Not just any guy, but like the most beautiful man in the entire universe."

"Ooooo, and what does the most beautiful man in the entire universe look like?"

"Well, he's tall. He's got dark hair and these really bright blue eyes. And a strong jawline and broad shoulders and I cannot even describe him properly okay, Roy, he is fucking gorgeous." Y/N sighed.

"Okay, so he is gorgeous. You aren't half bad yourself. What the problem?"

"The 'problem' is that whenever I see him I look like I crawled out of a dumpster." Y/N whined

"Honey, if you look like you crawled out of a dumpster, I would love to find whatever dumpster you frequent." Roy said as he gestured with his screwdriver.

"Pfft, you don't even know. Let me enlighten you. The first time I saw him, I had biked home from work and I was sweaty and my hair looked horrible. The second time I saw him, I had literally just poured salsa all over my white shirt. The third time I saw him, my backpack had just fallen to the ground and I fucking said to MY FUCKING BACKPACK MIND YOU 'why? why did you do that when i explicitly told you not to? do you like being on the floor?'. And then today, I tripped getting on and off the elevator. What greek god did I piss off that I live in the same building as Adonis only to look like Medusa whenever he is around." Y/N finished tiredly, resting her face on the table.

"Yeah, that is pretty bad. Does this Adonis have a name or is it just The Most Beautiful Man In The World?" Roy said, with a slight tease to his voice.

"Jason. His name is Jason." came the mumbled reply.

"Jason?" Roy said, trying really hard to seem nonchalant. "I think I know who you are talking about."

"Well, then you can see my problem can't you?"

"Oh, yeah." Roy said and I can also see a solution.

"Hey, I know what'll cheer you up. Why don't you do whatever it is you do to make you feel really cute and I'll take you to get something to eat."

"That sounds really nice. I'll be ready around 6?"

"Great, I've got some things I gotta get done. See you later." Roy said as he rushed out the door.

He ran all the way back to the apartment he shared with Jason and Kori.

"Dude!" He cried out as he slammed open the door. "You know my friend Y/N? She has got it bad for you."

"Y/N? That girl from 3C who is really pretty but also sorta clumsy?" Jason said, marking his spot and closing his book.

"I convinced her to go get dinner with me tonight and I think you should go pick her up instead. Please?" Roy said pleadingly.

"Sure, I guess. Now let me get back to my book." Jason said, opening his book to the page he had left it.

"You're a veritable saint, Jaybird. Pick her up at 6." Roy said, moving to finish the contraption he had been working on before this whole thing began.

Y/N had just finished getting ready when the doorbell rang.

"Be there in a sec, Roy." She cried out as the grabbed her purse and opened the door. When she saw who was on the other side, she froze and the door closed again. When she realized what had happened, she quickly reopened it.

"Sorry, I just wasn't expecting you. My friend is supposed to be here soon and I thought it was him, but it is you. Is there anything I can help you with?" Y/N asked nervously.

"It's fine. Roy said he wasn't feeling well, but still wanted you to go out and have a good time so he asked me to come instead." Jason said with a smile.

"Of course he did." Y/N sighed, realizing exactly what had happened. "Look, I'm sorry if he made you do this, you don't have to go out with me if you don't want to."

"Oh, I want to. I wouldn't have told him yes if I wasn't interested." Jason said reassuringly. "But we don't have to go out if you don't want to."

"No! I mean, Yes! Yes, I would love to go out with you." Y/N said excitedly.

"Well, then. Shall we?" Jason said as he offered her his arm.

"We shall."

Bonus:

Jason quietly opened and closed the door. It was around midnight and the lights were off in the apartment, except for one by a chair in the living room.

"So how'd it go?" Roy said expectantly

"Fine, we are going out again tomorrow and that is the only detail you are getting. G'Night. " Jason said as he removed his jacket and walked to his room.

Roy sat in silence for several moments before quietly whispering to himself. "I ship it."