The Kind You Eat (Feat. Dick Grayson, Tim Drake, and Damian Wayne)

Prompt: Could you write a story where Jason and his S/O live together but the S/O hasn't met the batfamily (they don't know about the S/O) and one day the batboys come over to discuss something with Jason but he's asleep and the S/O is up and Jason wakes up to all of them talking and having fun by anon

Y/N was sitting on the couch, quietly reading a book, when the door opened and three dark haired boys of various heights, ages, and nationalities walked in. They paused when they saw her.

"Can I help you?" She asked, unsure as to their intent.

"We are, um, looking for Jason? Jason Todd?" the tallest of the trio answered, equally has uncertain.

"Do you mind if I ask you why you need him?" Y/N asked, putting her book down and standing up.

"Do you mind if we ask what you are doing in his apartment?" The smallest of the group shot back.

"It is my apartment and Jason is my boyfriend. Now, if that clears everything up, I think you three should go now." Y/N said looking at each of them in turn.

"Wait! I apologize for Damian. He is still learning how to talk to people. I am Tim and that's Dick. We just needed to talk with Jason about something." the middle one said politely.

"Jason is asleep right now, but you guys are welcome to stick around if you like. If you can keep your rude comments to a minimum that is." Y/N said, casting a side eye at Damian as she made her way to the kitchen. She took out her ingredients and started working. The boys slowly gravitated to where she was.

"What are you making?" Dick asked as he sat on the counter.

"Dinner." Y/N replied with a slight smile

"What kind of dinner?" Tim asked

"The kind you eat." Y/N said, chopping an onion. "I hate chopping onions. They always make me tear up."

"They say that lighting a candle helps. Or holding bread in your mouth." Tim said, looking around for either of those objects.

"I'm almost done now so there is no point." Y/N said as she dropped the onion into a pot.

"So how long have you and Jason been together?" Dick asked

"About a year now. We moved in together about four months ago." Y/N said as she stirred the food.

"He never told us about you." Damian said as he eyed her warily.

"Well, he never told me about you." Y/N answered lightly.

The smell of cooking food woke Jason up. He got out of bed and made his way into the kitchen to find Y/N and his brothers all talking while she made food. He stood in the doorway a minute, unsure of exactly why his brothers were there and why his girlfriend had invited them in. Damian was the first to notice him. "Todd, this woman says she is your girlfriend, is that true?"

"Well technically, hell spawn, she is my fiance, but yeah she is my girlfriend." Jason answered with a yawn.

"FIANCE?" Dick shrieked. Y/N jumped and dropped her spoon on the floor. "SHE DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT YOU TWO BEING ENGAGED."

"Well, it just happened last night. I kinda am not used to it yet." Y/N admitted as she got a new spoon.

"Well, not only has Jay managed to date someone for a year and not tell us, but he also got engaged without telling us." Tim said, not at all surprised at this turn of events.

"In my defense, I told Alfred. I just told him not to tell you guys or Bruce." Jason said with a slight shrug.

"Seems fair enough to me." Tim said "We actually really had something that we needed to talk with you about. Really important stuff."

"Fine." Jason sighed. "I'll be back later, babe." He kissed Y/N on the cheek and left with the boys.

Y/N watched them exit before looking back at the pot of food she was making. "Well, now what am I going to do with all this?"