Under Wraps

Prompt: A mummy AU with Jaybird 🎃🎃🎃 - anon

When Jason first started dating Y/N, he expected a lot of things to happen.

He expected for her to be upset when she found out about his alter ego. He expected for his family to try to get to know her better, mostly in effort to draw him back into their everyday lives. He expected her to want him to meet her parents.

What he had not expected was for her job to put him in the extremely odd and unforeseeable circumstance of fighting an army of mummies.

Jason cursed under his breath as he gripped Y/N's hand and pulled her through the winding tunnels. The groans and growls of the ungodly creatures they were fleeing from echoed in the distance, but they moved in silence.

They exited the ancient pyramid. Jason let go of Y/N's hand as he leaned over and panted heavily.

"What," Jason gasped as he tried to catch his breath. "the actual fuck is going on?"

"I don't know." Y/N said quietly.

"You don't know?!" Jason cried in disbelief, "I thought you were supposed to be the archaeologist here. Aren't you supposed to know that sort of stuff?"

"There isn't a lot known about this particular subject. We are still trying to decipher the language." Y/N explained. "Plus, my area of expertise is lost cultures, not ancient curses."

"Fair enough." Jason said.

A loud rustling sound came from the nearby jungle. Jason stepped in front of Y/N, his gun raised to take aim at whatever was approaching. After a few tension filled moments, a blond man in a trenchcoat stumbled out of the foliage.

"Blasted tour guide dumping me halfway through the godforsaken forest last time I ask the medicine man to lead me to cursed ruins." The man mumbled.

"Livingstone, I presume?" Jason greeted dryly. He lowered his pistol as the blond man looked him over.

"John Constantine, at your service." He said, as he pulled out a business card and handed it to Y/N.

"Master of the Dark Arts?" Y/N asked skeptically.

"I really have to get those reprinted at some point." John muttered.

"What are you doing here?" Jason asked.

"I could be asking you the same thing." John said, "These ruins are known to be cursed. Nobody in any of the nearby villages will even come here, yet you and your lover decide to come here, on bloody fucking Halloween no less, to explore the site with the most volatile dark energy of any ancient site in the world."

Jason thought over Constantine's words for a moment. "Y/N... Did you know about the curse?" He asked slowly. Her silence was answer enough. "You've got to be fucking kidding me." Jason groaned.

"Look, I knew there was a story about this ancient ruler building an army of the undead to be unleashed at some undetermined time and that army would bring about the end of times, but I had no idea it was actually true." Y/N said defensively.

Jason rubbed his eyes tiredly before looking at the blond man. "How do we fix this?"

"We?" Constantine laughed. "We are not fixing anything. I am going to go back in there and try to fix the mess you two have made while you two," John gestured between them. "Are going to leave. Now." With that, he turned and disappeared into the pyramid.

Y/N and Jason stood there for several seconds. After a moment, Y/N moved to follow Constantine. Jason pulled her back.

"Where do you think you are going?" He said.