Chapter 12: Healed Wounds

Over the next few weeks, things on Olympus were back to normal, or as normal as things can get. Hera finally divorced Zeus, making him cry like a child in front of the Persian Council and the Olympian Council, much to Hermes and Apollos amusement.

Zeus himself was punished by being made a Minor God of Thunder and Lightning and the Skies. Perseus did plan on giving him back his full power but only when he deserved them back, not that it will be happening anytime soon since Perseus wasn't telling him anything.

As for the rest of the Olympian Council, they all stayed in Olympus and served as a secondary Council of Elders, charged with keeping the peace between all immortals and teaching the younger immortals how to control their powers and their history of how the Olympian Council began. Also, sort of as punishment, they were all forced to also take charge of the Romans and remain their Deities with Hera ruling alone as the Queen of the Skies, and Heavens.

Poseidon has kept his promise to Perseus so far and hasn't strayed from his wife since that day in the Throne Room. As for the demigods that he had so far, he has given them his protection and has made his Cyclops to build a camp for the children of the Gods, much to Perseus' approval. Perseus was proud that Poseidon cared still for his children unlike Ares who hadn't even seen his children yet.

As for the war between Greece and the Roman Empire, well let's just say it's not an empire anymore. Much of the lands that the Romans had gathered was taken as payment by the Greeks, whom happily took it while rubbing it in the Romans faces. Leonidas, being the show off he is, made the Emperor of Rome admit Rome sucks, much to the Persian Council's amusement. The war ended fairly quickly when a fairly large fleet of pissed off Amazons opened fire on the Romans and laid waste to many of their cities and villages, joining the war and helping the Greeks clean up the defeated empire.

Emperor Priam, the lord of all of Greece, maintained his rule, and for his unwavering loyalty and services to the Gods, was awarded with a son of his own to be the heir to his throne. Of course the Gods will be keeping an open eye on the child to make sure he is not made into a tyrant and such.

Shortly after the end of the Greek-Roman war, Lord Perseus finally married Lady Thetis, whom bared Perseus twins, a boy and a girl. The girl was named Genesis, for her birth signaled a new beginning for the Gods that dwelled in Olympus. The boy was named Romulus, who quickly became a prime target of many Goddesses. With the marriage came the crowning of the new Queen of the all Gods. With Thetis by his side, Perseus ruled for many decades, bringing peace and joy to all immortals, well all immortals except the Titans and Giants.

Over the many decades, the humans began to get more hard headed and arrogant. Almost as arrogant as Zeus himself. They began to cut off ties to the Gods and mostly stopped worshipping the Gods, much to many of their distaste. The Gods didn't die, some faded, but most survived but were greatly weakened by the sudden loss of prayers. With the increase in technology, the humans believed themselves above the Gods. The only reason they were not extinct was because even though most of the human race stopped praying to the Gods, there still remained many who still worshipped them and maintained their temples.

There were also some immortals who still made demigods with humans *cough Zeus *cough* much to Perseus dislike, however there was little he could do without seeming to control the daily lives of the immortals without turning into a tyrant, which he refused to become.

Eating dinner with his two kids and his beautiful wife, Perseus sat grimacing at the latest news from his fellow Council Members. It seemed that the Titans were going to make a reappearance, much to Perseus' discomfort. Setting down the report, Perseus took another mouthful of Ambrosia without noticing that his wife had moved behind him. Only when she wrapped her arms around his chiseled chest did he finally take notice.

Perseus smiled as he took his wife's hand and gave it a gentle kiss before turning around and giving his the worried Queen a quick kiss in the lips before turning his attention back to the report.

'What worries you my love?' Thetis asked, worried about her husband as she hasn't seen him this distressed since the war between Greece and Rome, and that was many centuries ago.

Perseus sighed. 'That damned prophecy is coming true my love. The Titans are going to rise again, and I feel helpless to stop it' Perseus admitted, hating the fact he can't do anything to change fate.

Thetis sighed, giving her husband a loving kiss on the cheek before responding.

'We could send some Protectors to keep an eye on the Titans and prevent them from being released. At the very least, they can slow them down enough for us to prepare ourselves and fortify our defenses around Olympus and Axiel' Thetis suggested softly in a soothing voice.

Perseus frowned in thought before he smiled. 'That could work my love.but we shouldn't send out all of our Protectors, I have a feeling we will be needing them to bolster our defenses of Olympus and Axiel. And to keep our thrones guarded' Perseus spoke with newfound energy.

'I just hope this coming war isn't as bloody and costly as the first Titan War' Perseus remarked before standing up from his chair.

Thetis frowned. 'I hope so too. I couldn't bear the thought of losing you or my kids and family' She admitted as she hugged Perseus.

Perseus smiled. 'I doubt the Titans are strong enough to take me on. I wasn't affected by the neglect in prayer and worship, and neither were our kids. And some of the Persian and Olympian Councils are at full strength. I don't think we need to worry too much about us being defeated or killed. It's our citizens I'm more worried about. Not every immortal is a fighter' Perseus pointed out as Genesis and Romulus finished eating and went to their parents.

'Hey mom and dad, can we go visit uncle Poseidon in Atlantis? please!' Genesis asked sweetly.

Perseus turned to face the two kids. 'Yes, just make sure to take at least 4 Protectors with you and I'm sure Achilles would like to accompany you two' Perseus replied as Thetis smiled and nodded.

'And please take your weapons with you and keep your guards up. You heard your father, the Titans are planning a comeback and we don't want either of you taken from us. And be back by 10' Thetis said in a motherly voice that made both kids, whom were already grown adults, groan but nod and do as she says before flashing away.

'Alright my love, we should call a meeting over to discuss the coming war and begin preparing' Thetis said as she turned back to her husband.

Perseus nodded. 'Call the meeting my love. I will gather some Protectors and send them on their way to make sure the Titans stay locked up' Perseus said, giving Thetis a loving kiss and flashing out of the room.

~~~

Hey everyone. Sorry for not updating after so long. Been having a tough time with my family and such lately.

I know this chapter sounded like it was ending but it's only just began! I can't just make a book with only like 11 chapters in it lol. Hope everyone enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it!

I will be working on my other story Percy Jackson Betrayed and Percy Jackson's Revenge. Hopefully I will have the stories updated by the end of this weekend.