And The War Continues!

Third Person POV

2 days after the meeting with the Amazonian Queen.

It's been two days since Perseus signed the peace treaty with the Amazons. Two days, and the war has jump started. The Greeks and Egyptian Forces together are still outnumbered by the Romans. This is a fact that the Greeks and Egyptians have acknowledged, yet they are determined to win.

Perseus is committed to this war. As such, he has made the demigod Generals of the Egyptian and Greek Armies, immortals like Artemis' hunters, and has expanded their powers.

King Leonidas, who is a son of Ares, was granted partial immortality, he also gained the power to summon Skeleton and Ghost warriors to aid him in battle since he was adopted by Osiris, God of the Underworld.

Since Zoë is part of the Hunt and Achilles is a God, Perseus has no mortal children to bestow powers to. He searched but has not found anyone worthy of being his champion. As such, Perseus has been watching the battles from afar, his heart hurting with each Greek and Egyptian slain in battle.

A flash beside Perseus brought him back from his brooding. 'My lord, a minor goddess wishes to speak to you. She claims to have an idea that might help our forces in the war' Seshat reported, looking worriedly at Perseus and the battle that is taking place in the distance.

Perseus nodded, hope rising in his heart, before flashing to Olympus. As the usual light died down, he looked before him and saw Hecate. She bowed in respect to me before straightening up.

'Lady Hecate. Its good to see you but aren't you supposed to be in Rome?' Perseus asked politely.

Hecate smiled nervously. 'I never left to Rome with the rest of the Olympians, my lord, I went to the Titans believing that they will at least recognize me and give me the respect I always wanted but never received' Hecate said softly as she fiddled with her feet.

Perseus stared at her for several minutes as he thought about what she said before speaking. 'And with whom do your loyalties lie with Hecate?' Perseus asked.

Hecate looked up, finally meeting Perseus' eyes. 'I stand with you my lord. You were always kind to all Gods and Goddesses, whether major or minor. That is why I came back, because the Titans just want to kill everyone. I don't want that, I just wish to be respected and you have been the only major God to ever show us respect' She stated confidently, her back straightening and her head raised high proudly.

Perseus smiled. 'The Titans would have treated you worse than the Olympians, trust me. But I want you to swear fealty to me and my future wife, Lady Thetis. It's not that I don't trust you, it's just something that everyone, even Major Gods, have done to avoid having a Civil War between each other' Perseus stated with an even tone.

Hecate nodded in understanding before she swore fealty to Perseus and Thetis. Perseus then enveloped Hecate in a friendly hug before smiling warmly at her.

'Thank you Hecate. Now I believe you had something for me?' Perseus asked politely.

Hecate nodded and smiled. 'Yes, I was informed that Rome was waging war against Greece. I couldn't help but notice that we are outnumbered so I started looking for ways to help the Greeks and I finally came to a solution!' Hecate replied happily as she took out a book that seemed ancient.

'And what did you find?' Perseus asked curiously.

Hecate grinned. 'I found an old spell that would boost a mortal's skill level like swordsmanship or archery. It also boosts the mortal's stamina and endurance as well as speed and strength. With a few tweaks, I found out how to make it work on large numbers of mortals' Hecate said proudly as she flipped through the pages in the book and stopped when she found the spell.