16

Parallel World, New Orleans

Finishing his set, Elijah walked over to the bar.

Jackson, his friend and bartender, served the vampire his favourite Bourbon.

"Tonight, you played some happy stuff. And not your usual." - the bartender said.

"Because today is the day when hope litteraly knocked at my door." - Elijah replied.

"What do you mean?"

Elijah now told Jackson why his heart beat with a new shade of happy.

Earlier that day

"Elijah, uhm - I - didn't want to put your hopes up -" - Dean now said.

"What? What is going on?" - Elijah directed his head towards Dean, his heart beating wildly now.

Dean gulped and looked at Sophie, who took over.

"Recently, there have been these ripples in magic. My friend in Mexico has felt it and Wendy has said it happened in Mystic Falls, too."

"Does that mean that what I have felt - was real? Elena could actually have been in the bar at that exact moment?" - Elijah said excited.

"She could have." - Dean said.

Elijah exhaled happily, his whole being shaking with exhilaration, slipping-

"She was there"

🦌💕🎹🌹

Mystic Falls

Mystic Grill

"And yeah - I think that those three months they spent away in that Armory Hell hole - changed them both. Not just Damon. Bonnie has always been kickass, but now - she like has no fear anymore. She is ready to take down Freya. She killed Silas. But there is this new evil guy Freya brought from from God knows where."

"Cade?"- Elena said.

"Yes."- Caroline replied-"and there is also talk of the Mikaelson prophecy."

"What do you mean?" - Elena looked at her friend quizzically.

Caroline took a deep breath.

"What, Care?!" - Elena felt agitated.

"Bonnie will explain."

"Tell me what you know" - "Elena urged her friend to tell her more.

"I told you that Klaus had a weird break down after Freya's witches killed Hope"

"Yes -?"

"He then talked about a prophecy and how he and Elijah were guilty - that they caused this misery upon their family."

"Meaning?" - Elena gulped with desperation.

"Apparently, to save themselves once - they had a witch bind their blood with an immortal soul."-Cariline said.

"OK -?"

Caroline went quiet. Her face deadly serious.

"What, Care?"

"Klaus mentioned your name. Which totally doesn't make any sense." - the blonde said.

"But it does now."- Elena muttered.

"What?" - Caroline looked at her friend clueless.

Elena took a small breath and said-

"You know the ring that saved us - me and Katherine - and brought the balance back"

"Yes-?"

"It has also made me immortal."- Elena said.

"OMG!" - Caroline exclaimed looking at the brunette wide-eyed.

"Yes. Gaspar told me. It's totally crazy, right?!"

"Totally" - Caroline said shaking her head dazed by the revelation.

"Can we go back to Bonnie and Damon" - Elena now said.

"Sure" - Caroline said taking a sip of the cocktail.

"You think that something more happened between them - cuz - I could feel this really strange vibe between them"

"Bonnie says absolutely no - but I think that they may actually have feelings for one another - though both are totally denying it"

"Whoa!" - Elena exclaimed astounded and added-"Bonnie and Damon - who would have thought!?"

☕🍫📖

Parallel World, Mystic Falls

Beauchamp house

Wendy shut the old family Grimoire closed and turned to her niece.

"If you combine your magic with Dean's and Sophie's we just might open the portal again."

"Really?" - Freya Beauchamp said.

"Well, we can try."

"But Sophie is pregnant."

"I know, but she will soon give birth and we can't do it before the Samhain moon anyway." - Wendy replied.