14

A year later

Mystic Falls

Salvatore Boarding House

"How do you want your pancakes today? Bluberry? Or just cream?"- Damon asked.

"Just cream."- Bonnie replied continuing reading the newspaper.

Plating the pancakes, Damon now walked to the table serving it to the witch.

"You put bluberries on"- Bonnie said as she folded the papers.

"They are good for you. Antioxidants!"- Damon replied.

"I don't want any antioxidants!"

"Omg! Can you two have one breakfast without arguing?"- Caroline remarked as she swooped in the kitchen.

"Nope."- Bonnie replied.

"I am trying here to make amends, but she is not letting me."- Damon said cutely.

"What amends? Cooking breakfast is not making amends, Damon!"- Bonnie looked at the vampire sardonically.

"Ok - I thought that taking myself out of the equasion was the best thing to do"- Damon then said -"I did it for you, for - everyone in Mystic Falls. I thought that it was better for all of you if I was gone."

"Selfish as always."- Bonnie now stood up and walked out of the kitchen as her phone went.

"She is never going to forgive me"- Damon then said.

"Nope."- Caroline replied and got a blood bag out of the fridge.

"But what does she want me to do?"

" You're on your own there"- Caroline said and as her phone went she replied-

"Lena! Finally! Where are you? We tried to call you -but there was no answer."

"I'm in New Orleans now. Finally I got a phone and my old number. The trip back from Mexico was a bit of a nightmare- and I got some really weird news."

"What's up?"- Damon said.

"Wait Lena."- Caroline put the phonevon speaker and turned to Damon saying -"Go get Bonnie"

The vampire swished out, finding Bonnie in the yard.

They now got in the lounge and Elena told them about the most unusual moment she had two days previously in a village.

"I saw Stefan"- Elena said.

"What?"- Caroline, Bonnie and Damon said in one voice.

And as the first wave of surprised at the news passed Caroline shot-

"How - he is dead and there is no other side anymore- Bonnie destroyed it-"

"It was weird and I thought that this shaman was playing with me - that it is all my imagination -but - we actually spoke and it was just a minute - "

"What did he say?"- Damon now wanted to know -"Where is he?"

"He is like somewhere - a limbo. That's what the shaman explained. And - uhm- he can get him back. He is here with me. I'll put him on the phone"

Passing the phone to the man, he explained how Stefan's soul reached him and asked him to look for Elena.

Finishing the conversation, Gaspar Cortez passed the phone back to Elena.

"This is like the best news which we had in like forever"- Caroline shot in first.

"I still can't believe it myself."- Elena said-"and I am so believing in magical miracles now."