Chapter 19.

Johnathan.

I woke up to a pounding headache and darkness all around me. At first, I don't know where the heck I am but then I hear the mutterings of The Men Who captured me. Could I be in the same place that they held Angela? They wouldn't be that stupid, would they?

But when I hear the distant sound of water dripping off the rock, I realize that instead of the last place that they set up camp, they actually took me deeper within the mine. If I remember correctly, this particular shaft has had recent troubles with flooding. Why in the world would they ever drag me to this particular spot?

I no sooner got the answer, when I heard the footfalls of one of the men coming towards me. Unaware that I was awake, the man kicked me hard in the ribs. I suppose that was his way of waking me up. I silently vowed to myself, that I would get my retribution as soon as I've got rid of these binding ropes that they had tied tightly around my wrists and feet.

I moaned a little bit to fool the man but remained motionless. I needed him to let his guard down so that I could get the upper hand. I was finally able to loosen the bonds on my wrists enough for me to lunge forward and tackle the idiot when he had his back turned to me.

We both struggled as we tousled each other along the surface of the cave floor. He would hit me I would hit him and so on so forth until I was finally able to grab ahold of his dagger that was in his jeans pocket. Good thing Aaron taught me what to do in this type of situation, as I slowly slide the knife away from his pocket and loosen the bonds of my wrists I knocked him out by punching him in the head. After I released the bonds around my feet I then cut the ropes and tied it around the men's feet and hands. I must have been so focused on what I was doing that I failed to hear the footsteps coming from behind me I could sense that someone was coming towards me closer and closer and closer. I hesitated for a second making them believe that I was unaware of where they were. So when the hand landed on my shoulder I swiftly swing around and was attempting to throw that man over my shoulder and render him unconscious as well. Imagine my surprise when instead of a man as I was expecting it was my fiancee Angela. At first, I grinned at her and smiled, but then I remembered that she was a woman and not only that, she was my woman. 

How could she risk her life? How could she risk everything,  including our future? I just said those words to her when I saw the disgust on her face and without warning, she swung with all her might and punched me in the face, renderings me unconscious once again.

Angela.

Of all the idiotic views a man could have, this one angers me the most. To think that he has known me for so many years and he still has that stupid view of women. What woman would stay behind and do nothing when their man, their love of their life was in danger?

After I was done knocking him out, I looked over my shoulder only to see Aaron trying with all his might to hold in his laughter. 

"Just let it out, Aaron. I know you'll feel better if you do." 

Watching him laugh, brought a smile to my face, and soon I joined in as well.  After he regained his breath, I walked over to his side and waited for him to explain the plan on how we were going to apprehend the Gilly Gang.

"The first thing we must do is to locate the exact position that the Gilly gang is at. I have a feeling that they are holding the position a little bit deeper from where we are standing. But I have to wonder why they decided to make camp in the particular shaft that Cameron said was flooded."

I shrugged my shoulders at Aaron, and just as I was about to reach down and wake up Jonathan I heard footsteps coming towards us. They couldn't have found us already how could they? I looked over my shoulder and snuck over to the boulder that was behind us and motioned for Aaron to drag Jonathan to where I was now sitting.