Chapter 10.

The church social within full swing by the time Angela and her whole family arrived. It wasn't quite Sunset yet, but the hanging lights were shining brightly, everyone was in a happy mood. Deputy Aaron Weiss was on duty tonight as well as her father the Marshall to make sure that no roughhousing didn't happen and that society wouldn't be interrupted.

The atmosphere was a little tense, especially in her aunt Angels' household. Her cousin Julia who was married to Aaron Weiss was heavily pregnant and was due any moment. Though Aaron tried to plead with her to stay home, Julia refused because she didn't want to miss the festive activities and insisted to attend. Knowing that he was on duty for the social, he knew that she was in reliable hands should anything unforeseen happen.

The tables were covered with many platters of food, so much so that she was doubtful to her mother's lemon cake and her cherry pie would be able to fit on the table. However, when she looked to her right she saw an open spot. She was making her way over there when she saw her aunt Lillian standing in front of the table.

"Will I be able to put Mother's cake and my pie on this table?" Lillian smiled at her but shook her head. "Unfortunately no. This table is reserved for the lunch box auction. Do you have a boxed lunch to enter for the auction?" Angela laughed lightly and nodded as she held up to lunch boxes. "Yeah, I have both mine and Quinn's. Could you set them on the table while I find Space to start the deserts down?" Lillian took the baskets and pointed to an open spot to which Angela could distribute Savannah's desert. As soon as Angela walked away, Byron Paisley came sauntering towards her with a wide smile on his face.

Was it right to embrace another's feelings and move on when a small part of her heart still belonged to Donovan? She knew that her mother's advice was sound, but Lillian still had some misgivings about offering their heart to another. Well, it was too late to send back now, because she could already see that Byron Paisley was determined to pursue her and perhaps Court her.

She could see that he wanted to ask her something, but before he could even open his mouth to speak with her, Tommy rushed in front of them. "Mommy! Mommy, come see the new puppies they have in the pain over by Uncle Cameron's lot!"

Byron bent down to the lad and ruffled his hair and smiled at him, "could I ask escort, you young man? That is if your mommy says that it's okay?" The two men who were Byron and his precious little angel Tommy, both looked at her with the funniest ad eyes and pleaded to her with them. "Mommy? Could Mr. Byron come with me and see the puppies?" Lillian smile down to her son and nodded, but before she left the table she placed her hands in both of theirs and replied, "perhaps I could accompany you as well."

With those words, stars or what look like stars Shun in Tommy's eyes. But when she looked at Byron, she felt all hot inside because he was gazing at her with the most lovingly stare. Weather hens entwined in both of their hands they made their way towards Cameron stand to see the new puppies. To the view of the other townspeople that saw them, they did look like a real little family.