Chapter 18.

"YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH THIS! WE WILL ESCAPE AND WHEN WE DO YOU WILL ALL BE SORRY, ESPECIALLY YOU..., LITTLE GIRL!"

Luke Gilly shouted as he rattled the bars of the prison wagon that were sent for after they were arrested and I was rescued.  I shuddered, which drew Jonathan's attention to me. He laid his hand on my shoulder and gave me a comforting squeeze,

"you okay? Did they harm you in any way, my love?"

I shook my head and leaned into him, waiting for him to get the signal that all I wanted was for him to wrap his arms around me and comfort me. I saw him look both ways before he blushed, then he drew me into his arms and hugged me while giving into some gentle kisses that he bestowed upon my neck. I sighed.

"That feels so good!"

I said as I smiled. He pulled me away from him and gazed into my eyes, then he smiled back at me and leaned forward and kissed me on the forehead.

"I love you, Jonathan Dodd, when will we marry?"

He hesitated, and before he could speak, I blurted out my doubts.

"You do want to marry me right Jonathan? I feel like we have been going back and forth in our relationship. I love you and I'm pretty sure you love me so what's the problem?"

I asked as I stomped my foot in frustration. He stared at me and laughed.

"What in the world could be so funny?"

He leaned into me, and placed a gentle kiss on my lips, when he pulled back he smiled,

"you are funny. Of course, I want to marry you. I have been attracted to you since you became a young woman. I was just waiting for the right time to approach you."

He said as a slight blush graced his face. I giggled and threw myself into his arms.

"Really? When? When should we hold the wedding? A Week? A month from now?"

I excitedly said as I jumped up and down. He threw back his head and laughed,

"you know you remind me of a little kid when you jump around like that. But you need to have some patience, my love,  I still need to finish my apprenticeship with Sherrif Weiss. I want to become a full-fledged Sherrif myself, plus I have to ask your father for his permission to wed you. So we have many plans to make ready. Can you wait another year perhaps?" He said.

I sighed heavily, why must we always wait Jonathan? I don't want to wait anymore I'm eager to become your wife. We've already survived a dangerous situation, where I was kidnapped and I was away from you for a while, I don't want that certain thing happening to me again. I have this feeling that it will happen, especially if Luke Gillies threat becomes a reality.

Jonathan pulled me into his arms and held me tightly to his chest. There is nothing to worry about, Luke Gilles and his father are on their way to prison, and I'm certain they will not Escape.

"But how certain can you really be?"
I asked. I know he saw the worried look my eyes, and I also knew that he wanted to reassure me, and for me to trust him, and I really did truly. But there was something deep in my mind that kept on nagging at me, something I couldn't quite put my finger on. I knew he was waiting for an answer so I sighed again and nodded my head.

"Okay, very well I will wait. But don't expect me to wait too long Jonathan. In fact, while you are trying to finish your apprenticeship with Sheriff Wiese I, on the other hand, will begin planning our wedding."

He looked at me and a smiled. Do what you wish my love,"
he said. I reached up and caressed his face, don't worry I will, I said in my head.

Four weeks later...