Chapter 23: Mending Formerly Broken Bonds

Start from the beginning

/Courtney:" Alright. I made up my mind. I'm gonna try to talk to Aaron. I just hope he forgives me. I've been such a bad friend. Not even a friend at that." I heavily sighed.\

I continued to examine the area.

"Aaron." I heard Courtney say from behind me.

I felt my heart sink. I took a deep breath and turned around.

"Y-yes Courtney?" I studdered worriedly.

"Can I talk to you?" She asked softly.

I gave her a look, debating wheather this was going to be like the time in Hawaii or something else.

"Please. It won't take long." She pleaded.

"Yeah. Sure." I agreed.

We slowed down our walking pace. We let both of the teams pass us. After the teams passed us, we stopped walking.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows and frowning.

She heavily sighed.

"Okay. So. Not sure how to explain this well. But I wanted to apologize. For everything. The yelling, the hitting. And the Alejandro situation. I know what I did was unforgivable, but-"  Courtney started but covered her face and cried a bit." I'm sorry. I really am. If I would've listened to you back then. Well. I wouldn't- I wouldn't be in this situation. You're my best friend Aaron, and. I was wrong. I was focused on revenge and I didn't listen to you. And, I'm so sorry."

I looked at her with concern. She let out a heart felt cry.

Courtney's POV

I kept my face covered, still crying in my hands.

"Courtney. Look at me." Aaron said softly.

I uncovered my face, still a few tears in my eyes. He lifted my chin up with his finger making me face him.

"Courtney. I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have yelled at you on the plane. I don't feel good about doing that." He said softly.

"But you were right, as always. You were only trying to warn me."

"But I didn't. And I was caught up in my emotions and I didn't see how much I was hurting you. I didn't think about how much was going on in your head at the time. It was very selfish of me. I should've approached the situation differently but I acted out of anger and I didn't think it through."

"And I shouldn't have taken Alejandro over you. And I shouldn't have kissed you without you agreeing. And I shouldn't have gotten mad at you in Hawaii."

"I shouldn't have upset you like that on the plane."

"And I'm sorry for getting mad at you for trying to keep me away from Alejandro. You were only trying to help."

"It's okay. You didn't know. You were only acting out of anger, just how I did in the plane."

"And I shouldn't have called you a lost dog. You were only loyal friend. And I shouldn't have compared you to Duncan."

"I'm sorry." We both said together.

We both gave each other a smile.

"Friends?" I asked hopefully.

"Yeah. Friends. Friends forever Courtney." Aaron pulled me into a warm hug.

I was caught off gaurd and suprised by it for a moment, but I happily sighed and hugged him back tightly.

I felt my heart lighting up with love in Aaron's embrace. I happily sighed and leaned my head on his chest. I could hear his heart beating.

I'm gonna do things differently. Instead of hitting him when we have disagreements, I'll try to think about what he says.