I chuckle. "I get where you're going with it, don't worry."

        She exhales in relief, twirling her long brown hair around her finger. "Good. I just- Avery has had a rough life and I don't want to see him get his heart broken."

        I raise an eyebrow, but don't question her. If Avery wants me to know, he'll tell me in his own time.

        "I'd never do anything to hurt him I'm pretty crazy about him. I mean, I haven't known him that long, but- " I stop, not knowing how to finish the sentence.

        "He's a good guy. It's pretty hard not to be crazy about him," she finishes for me.

        A look crosses over her face that makes me frown. She looks at my expression and shakes her head.

        "Oh God, that's not what I meant," she backtracks. "I'm not- I mean, I don't-"

        I shake my head. "You don't have to explain to me," I chuckle. 

        "I'm not though, you know," she says after a moment of silence.

        "I didn't think you were," I lie. Because, her words and the look on her face make it pretty obvious that she has feelings for Avery, on some level. 

        At least, that's how it appears.

        I decide to change the subject, as the conversation is heading into awkward territory. 

        "So, which horse are you going to ride while you're here?" I ask.

        She nods her head towards Starlight. "I used to ride her when I was younger. And since no one is assigned to her, Claire said it would be okay." 

         I fall silent, unsure of what to say. Thankfully, Ivy enters the barn and breaks the awkward silence. I  tilt my head slightly in confusion when I notice she's wearing her pale yellow polka dot bikini.

        "Grace, we were all going to go swimming, you want to come?" she asks. Her gaze lands on Tessa, and she offers a small smile. "Hi, I'm Ivy. We haven't really met yet."

        "I'm Tessa," she replies. 

        "Nice to meet you, Tessa," Ivy states, smiling. "So, do you guys want to go swimming?"

        "Sure." Tessa says.

        I shrug my shoulders. "I guess."

        "Great. Everyone's already out by the pool, so you two better go change," Ivy chuckles.

        Tessa starts to leave the barn, and looks back at me. 

        "You coming?" she asks.

        I start to say yes, but see Avery walking towards the barn and shake my head.

        "I'll be there in a minute." I say.

        She spots Avery, and nods in understanding. 

        "Okay. Then I'll meet you by the pool," she sweetly states, before taking of towards the house, her loose curls bouncing with each step she takes. 

        When both her and Ivy are gone, I beckon at Avery to come to me.

        "So- Tessa knows about us," I say.

        His brow knits together. "I didn't tell her."

        "You didn't have to," I reply. "She's very intuitive, aparently."