We Meet A God... Or Two?

Lenny POV

We walked for about ten minutes until we got to a park. Hazel stopped when she spotted some random couple sitting under a tree. I understood why. The dude had golden blonde hair and a dazzling smile. His counterpart though? Now she was something. She was probably in her late teens-early twenties, with fiery red hair that seemed to curl everywhere. She wore jeans that looked like they had been painted- dozens of white flowers decorated them. Her blouse was a simple white though. The couple seemed to be staring right at us. 

We followed Hazel when she started toward the couple. 

"What do you want?" She demanded. The man chuckled. 

"My dear cousin, it's not what I want- It's what you want." Hazel narrowed her eyes. I looked at the man. This was Hazel's cousin?

"And pray tell, what do I want?" 

"To be recognized by your father again. You know, your real father..." Hazel got flustered, but she seemed angry more than anything.

"You know he ignores me for a reason. I'm not exactly here... legally." She hissed at him in a whisper. She looked around fearfully. Wait- was Hazel and illegal alien? What? I looked at Richard and Ashley. They both had the same confused expression I had. This innocent little girl who was the politest person you'd ever meet- wasn't supposed to be here? I wondered where she was from then. 

"What if I told you there was a way to make you legal?" He paused before saying legal with a smirk.  Hazel narrowed her eyes again and folded her arms across her chest. I looked to the other girl, who was just sitting against the tree. 

"How?" It wasn't entirely a question, but was more like a challenge. The man smiled. I was slightly reminded of Ashley for some reason. 

"I'm willing to give you a little quest... I need something from that area anyway. So, I could easily send you four on a quest for my little item and you could just grab that resurrection stone while you're there." 

"Why these three? They're untrained and you gods clearly have a plan for them since they're so unclaimed." 

"Because they're specifically the three I saw in my dream." 

"I'm sorry- what?" Ashley butt into their conversation. The man smiled at her. 

"Yes, Ashley Eloise?" Ash seemed taken aback by the use of her full name. She narrowed her eyes.

"How do you know my name?" He chuckled. 

"I would be a terrible father if I didn't." Ashley looked like she was going to say something witty, but she started to panic.

"What?" 

"I'm your father, Ashley. I know, it's shocking- having such an awesome god for a father." 

"My father?"

"Her father?"

"God?" 

"Wait- you're meaning to tell me you are not only my dad, but a god?" 

"Yep."

"It's probably true. He's not lying about being a god. Ashley, Richard, Lenny, meet Apollo." Hazel said flatly. I couldn't believe I was talking to a god. Wait- was the other girl a goddess? She could easily be one. I remember something about Apollo having a twin. Athena? No. Hestia? No. Artemis! The girl eyed us curiously. When she stood and faced us, I bowed slightly. She made a noise like a huff. 

"Stop that." She commanded. God, even her voice was heavenly. I did as she said. 

"Why did you bow?" Hazel questioned. 

"She's a goddess..." Apollo frowned slightly, whereas Hazel hid her smile behind her fist.  

"No I'm not?" Artemis said. I looked at her. She seemed slightly shocked, but also like she was partially used to it. 

"But I thought you were Artemis...?" I started. "You were with Apollo. You two are twins..." They were all smiling at this point.

"I am not Artemis. My name is Rachel. I'm no goddess, but I am the Oracle of Delphi. Apollo is my patron." She said. I nodded. I'd heard of the Oracle before. The one who spoke prophecies. 

"We should get back to business before they notice I'm gone. Rachel?" Apollo saved me from embarrassing myself any more. Rachel's prophecy was very short, but curious all the same. As she spoke, a green mist came from her mouth. I noticed her eyes had turned the same bright green. 

"Four go north to the lake without gold, 

And the three hidden heroes slay the horde, 

and the girl who's father's key she has to hold,

And the ship of her friend the foe will board

the heroes shall find the Queen's Crown off the shore of the three o's,

and the four shall bring Apollo the Helm of Helios." 

A voice very unlike the young woman standing in front of us came from her mouth. It echoed and sounded ancient. 

"So, here are your things." Apollo tossed us four backpacks he pulled from nowhere. "Your families and the camps have already been notified. The lake is in Quebec, by the way. Have fun!" He disappeared with Rachel. 

"What just happened?"