We Learn About the Gods

Hazel POV

The bus ride back to school was quiet for us. Ashley whispered a couple times, asking about my arm. I told her it was fine. She reminded me of my brother's boyfriend, Will. It suddenly fully hit me. They were demigods too. Mr. Davies, Ashley, Richard, and Lenny. If I were one to place bets, I would bet good money Ashley was another child of Apollo. That or an Aphrodite with how much she goes around. I knew another thing. Percy was gonna be pissed that three demigods hadn't been claimed before thirteen like the gods had promised. We only had two periods after we returned. I made my way to Mr. Davies's classroom right after. I was surprised to see everyone already there. They were waiting for me. I gripped my dagger inside my jacket out of habit. 

"Hazel!" Ashley jumped up and came to me. She pulled me farther into the room. "How's your arm?" She went to check the bandage, but I shifted her off.

"I'm fine, thank you, Ashley." I would have to tell her what ambrosia does later. 

"Oh, hello." we all looked up to see a woman Mr. Davies's age enter the room. She was fairly small, with dark brown hair and bright eyes. Her skin was darker than mine, with lighter patches of scar tissue. 

"Violet!" Mr. Davies greeted her with a side kiss. He turned to us. We had all taken a seat around the room. Richard and Lenny were a distance apart and Ash and I were across the room from either of them. We all faced Mr. Davies's desk. "Children, this is my wife, Violet."

"Hello Mrs. Davies." I greeted politely. I was not one to forget my manners. She smiled sweetly. 

"It's just Violet." she insisted. "Now, Ethan, why have you called me out here?"

"They're like us, Vi." She looked at us curiously after looking confused for a second.

"Have they been to camp?" It was directed at all of us. 

"What camp?" Lenny asked nervously. Ashley and Richard both looked nervous too. 

"Camp Half Blood." I supplied. Only Mr. Davies and Violet recognized the name. It seemed to give Violet her answer. "Did you go?" I asked.

"Years ago. I went for three summers, Violet only went for two."

"I've been going for a couple years." I admitted. "I've never really heard of any adult demigods." I lied effortlessly. 

"Our scents are weaker than most. Children of Iris don't smell much to monsters and most Aphrodite kids don't attract more than one." 

"What are you guys even saying?" Lenny asked, trying to wrap his head around it.

"The gods are real. The Greek gods. Zeus, Hera, Ares, Aphrodite." Mr. Davies explained everything about the gods being real to the newbies. I sat and fiddled with my necklace. 

"Like Hercules?" Richard asked when he'd finished telling them demigods existed too. 

"Ugh." I couldn't contain my distaste for the guy.  Everyone looked at me.

"What do you have against Hercules?" Violet asked me with a knowing smirk. I shrugged it off.

"Guys a total- jerk." I said simply. 

"Have you ever met him?" Richard asked excitedly.

"Once." Everyone looked shocked but impressed. "I know literal hundreds of heroes way better."

"Hercules was Zeus and Hera's kid, right?" Lenny asked innocently. Thunder shook the sky.

"No! Hercules was born to a mortal woman. His dad was Zeus, but his mother absolutely was not Hera." Violet corrected quickly. She looked slightly horrified someone would have asked that aloud.