CHAPTER 5

(Lou's POV)
After we left the puppies, I had one more surprise for Nolan. I took his hand, and led him toward one of my favorite places.

"The movie Theater?" Nolan asked, confused. I nodded. All the common folk like nolan, could never afford to come to the movies. I led him into one of the screens. We sat right beside each other, in the middle. The screen was already playing trailers, so it wasn't awkward and quiet.
"Would you like me to get you some popcorn? " I asked Nolan.
He smiled at me with his usual, cute smile and nodded
"Yes please". I got up and went to get the snacks. As I was preparing the food, I couldn't stop thinking about Nolan. How adorable he was, sleeping peacefully at night, playing with the puppies, then suddenly, I stopped. What was I thinking? Am I in love with Nolan? For some reason, Nolan had always caught my eye. Is this what it's like to be in love? I brought the snacks back to the theater room. Nolan was sitting there, watching the previews. I sat beside him, passing him the popcorn.
"So, what are we watching? " Nolan asked me as he started eating.
"The greatest showman. Have you seen it already? "
"No, but everyone in uglyville has and are always singing the songs."

He replied
The lights dimmed as the movie started. We watched pretty quietly. But I was mostly daydreaming about Nolan. Suddenly, I could hear Nolan singing along with one of the characters.
"You know I want you... "
He sang looking at the screen.
"It's not a secret I try to hide. I know you want me... "
he continued. I listened as he kept singing. How come he's never sang before? His voice was beautiful, like an angel's.

(Nolan's POV)
I was so into the movie, I sang along to one of the songs everyone knew. I forgot I was in lou's company, as I was singing along, giving it my all as I usually did when Noone was around. When the man stopped singing, The girl began to sing as well. And I could hear Lou harmonizing with her.

"You think it's easy. You think I don't want to run to you. But there are mountains. And there are door that we can't walk through. "

His voice harmonized perfectly. I glanced over at him, he had the biggest smile, and you could tell he was trying his best.
When the two in the show started singing, so did me and lou. All four of our voices filled the room. It was almost magical.

When the song ended, me and lou smiled at each other at the same time. I once again, I blushed darker than a tomato, and looked back at the screen. Was it possible that I was falling for Lou? We had only really met a few days ago, but I felt like I've known him forever.
When the movie finished, we left the theater.
"I didn't know you could sing. " Lou commented as we were walking.
"....I don't do it much around people"
"Nolan, your voice is amazing, angelic, it's so beautiful"

I turned red, as Lou hugged me. At this point I was sure I liked Lou. "I have another surprise" Lou said as he started walking. I followed him. Another surprise? Seems like he was waiting for someone to share all these with.

(Meanwhile in uglyville)
Micheal was waiting for Mandy near the portal. When Mandy came out, she gasped in surprise.

"Hey Mandy, I didn't mean to frighten you. I just have to ask something"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Have you seen Nolan around?"

"Um, no I haven't. Sorry, I've been busy with my kid. Shes so energetic and hyper, she barely even sleeps."
Mandy chuckled. "Is everything OK? "

"Uh well... " Micheal stopped. "Y-yes, actually. Everything's fine. Sorry for bothering you. "

Mandy shrugged and left to go to her house to get something. As Micheal walked back to his own house, he smirked, mischievously as an Idea popped in his head.