"I can't believe you challenged Mia for the maid of the island!" Jade swung around the post that the horses were tied to so that she could get closer to the girls.

Harper cocked an eyebrow, "what? Why? That's like asking to be burnt alive."

Zoe rolled her eyes playfully, "if I win, James has to leave. It was worth it."

"It's her thing, she's like a nightmare in shining armour." Becky explained further, "she's won It for the last two years, if she wins this year it'll be the first time anybody has won three years in a row."

The group turned around when Zoe opened her mouth to say something but stopped herself, they saw the team from Holloway. There was Pin, who was leading Elvis, Gabby, Callum and the boy that Harper still didn't know the name of. When Harper made eye contact with Pin, Pin smiled at her and Harper made a mental note to herself to go and see him later.

The bell for the first round of the competition rang throughout the grounds of the competition. Zoe led the girls towards the archery area, and they all grabbed a bow and quiver.

Everyone was allowed to have a few practice shots, they headed down the line and Harper went after Becky made her shot. Harper pulled back the string of the bow with the arrow attached and let the arrow shoot from her hands. It landed not too far from the bullseye and Harper let out a sigh of relief. After another shot of Harper's, it was Jade's turn.

Elliot announced that the round was actually starting, and the audience clapped politely as the girls started to shoot their arrows. Slowly, they moved down the line again until it was Harper's turn.

After a deep inhale, Harper pulled back the bowstring with the arrow attached and rested it by her cheek for a moment before she released the arrow. It sailed through the air before it implanted into the target and it rested upon the target half an inch away from the bullseye. As the competition was based upon a single shot, that fateful arrow would decide her score, she didn't mind too much as she wasn't truly playing to win.

Once the round was over, Harper wandered back alone to where the horses were tied. The other girls had run off, but Harper didn't mind being alone as it gave her a chance to find Pin and talk to him. She checked over the horses and made sure that they all had enough water and hay, she was quickly retying Bob's lead rope when she felt someone grab her around the waist.

A shriek escaped her as she twisted around to see Pin's face smiling down on her. He kissed her gently on the forehead and Harper smiled softly.

"You scared me." Harper giggled as Pin moved them towards a haybale for them to sit on.

"I didn't mean to!" Pin defended as he grabbed Harper's hand, "you've got a guard falling off there."

Harper looked down and saw that her leather guard was nearly hanging completely off of her arm. She sighed and moved to fix it herself, but Pin grabbed her wrist gently and started to do it for her.

Pin interlaced their fingers once he had completed lacing it up, "I watched it falling off, you didn't even notice."

Harper gasped in fake hurt and she bumped her shoulders into Pin's, "you saw me struggling and didn't come to help me? Such a terrible boyfriend."

"It was top quality entertainment!" Pin quickly ducked from Harper's half-hearted attempt at hitting him with her arm.

They fell into silence that blanketed them in a feeling of comfort for a few minutes. They watched the world pass in front of them and Harper leant her head onto Pin's shoulder to relax a little further.

"I got something for you." Pin's voice was soft as not to shatter the bubble around them, "It's small but I thought that you would like it."

"I always love what you get for me, minus the chores you give me at the yard." Harper's face lit up as Pin placed a small, silver bag into her spare palm. As she unentwined her hand with Pins, it left a cold void on her hand. Harper opened the bag gently and tipped out a small, silver ring that had clouds engraved on it and it was clearly meant for her pinkie finger.