Chapter Nineteen :: Your Biggest Fight

You were now at least a whole bottle of champagne and a fourth bottle of wine in. You felt kinda (really) fucked up, and all you could think about was seeing Kakashi's reaction to your kiss with Iruka (savage).

"___, are you okay?" You heard Asami ask you when you sat down after dancing; Iruka sitting next to you.

"Yeah, I'm fine sweetheart~" you patted her shoulder to reassure you that were completely fine (admit it, ya fucked up).

Yamato glances at you from Kakashi. "So ___, Kakashi was telling me about your mission you just recently came back from. I hope your doing good."

You looked confused before looking at Kakashi with a stern look. "What do you mean?"

"Well he said that you were fighting against this water creature," Yamato explained, making you turn red. "And he tried to help you get it contained, but it wasn't working until finally it collapsed from exhaustion and slipped away. That must've been scary, huh?"

Iruka looked confused while you glared Kakashi down, who only gave you a small smile behind his mask. "It was nothing," you smirked before looking back at Yamato. "I've dealt with bigger."

For those that have not gotten it yet basically Yamato thought kakashi and your sex moment at the water was a monster and he was referring to "himself"

Iruka looked at you with a red face while Kakashi's expression dropped and Yamato seemed fascinated. "Wow, you must be so lucky to have a talented student like Asami, huh?"

"Oh yeah, she's such a smart and strong noodle." You giggled and gave Asami a side hug, who only looked embarrassed until Eiji came over and asked her for a dance.

"Sure!" You watched Asami wall off with Eiji. Poor thing was barely tall enough to go past his shoulders; the fuck did his parents feed him?

When Yamato excuses himself, you turned to Kakashi. "Exactly what the fuck are you doing?" You demanded, speaking a little too loud.

"I was just explaining how incredibly brave you were to take down the monster by yourself," Kakashi simple stated. But you could see the gears grinding in his head.

"I oughta -" you started before Iruka places his hand on yours.

"We should probably get going. It's getting late anyways, and Asami's send off is tomorrow morning."

You nodded and slowly stood up before clinging onto Iruka's arm. "Take me home, Iruka," you leaned your head against his shoulder.

He nodded and escorted you out of the building, back to your apartment, his arm around your waist. You felt safe and comfortable around him, and felt that you could depend on him for anything and trust him.

"Iruka, are you and Miyuki going through a rough time?" You asked out of the blue.