Chapter Seventeen :: The News

"Lady Tsunade, do you have a second?" You asked after gently knocking on the door. Your team and Kakashi's team just got back from the mission and the princess - who turned out to be a fraud - was taken into custody.

"Yes, come in." Lady Tsunade set some paperwork down as you walked in. "How was Asami's first mission?" She asked off the bat.

"That's who I want to talk to you about," you sighed before explaining to Lady Tsunade what happened and how Asami was able to perfectly perform a jutsu that's rare and hasn't been used in decades. "I'm not familiar with this type of jutsu, so I'm not sure how to approach it."

Lady Tsunade nodded and leaned back in her chair. "Do you know Yamato?" She asked randomly.

You looked confused. "I'm afraid not, Lady Tsunade. Who is he?"

"He's a teacher down in the snow regions of the planet." Lady Tsunade explained, looking outside. "He's been able to help those seeking his guidance in any form of rare jutsu, but many think he's a legend now due to lack of ninjas that are able to perform these rare Justus."

"What are you suggesting, Lady Tsunade?" You asked her.

Lady Tsunade glanced back at you and let out a heavy breath. "When Asami was doing her jutsu performance for the entrance exams, she performed a water jutsu, but towards the end of it the water turned into ice. I just thought it happened by chance and it wouldn't happen again, but with your incident I feel I should contact Yamato and see what he thinks."

"You want to send a first year off to train with someone that is probably make believe?" You questioned. "Lady Tsunade, I agree that Asami is gifted but sending her off so soon might be rough on her, especially with her hands."

"Asami has shown me improvement since she's gotten back to training and she's been getting extra help from Iruka on weekends." Lady Tsunade Gabe you a stern look. "I will contact Yamato and discuss with him more on Asami, but right now you keep this between us and keep training Asami as you normally would. Understand?"

You didn't feel like arguing with the Hokage, especially since you haven't even slept yet since you got back from the mission, so you nodded your head, "Yes Lady Tsunade."

"Good. Now go get some rest." Lady tsunade turned her attention back to her paperwork.

You left her office and the building and started making your way back to your apartment, your keys swinging in your hands and the sun setting, when you saw Kakashi leaning against the building.

With another person.

A female.

She was giggly and leaning a little too close to Kakashi, who was looking at her but no expression on his face.

"C'mon, Mr. Copy Cat, please?" She begged, holding her hands behind her back and sticking her chest out.

Kakashi looked up and made eye contact with you before smiling. "Baby girl!" He ran up to you and gave you a tight hug. You hugged him back, looking at the girl frowning at Kakashi.

"Kakashi Hatake you come back here and talk to me!" She demanded as you went into the building, Kakashi following you. You heard him close the door and lock it quickly, preventing that girl from getting inside.

"Who's that?" You asked him once the both of you arrived to your apartment.

"Crazy fan girl?" Kakashi responded with a question, which made you laugh a little. "How did the meeting with Lady Tsunade go?"

You sighed in irritation when he brought it up. "She wants to send Asami to someone name Yamato who's apparently skilled in the rare jutsu world and I don't think he's an actual person, more or less should Asami go when it's only her first year."

"Well if you think about it, it's good for Asami." Kakashi sat down on the couch as you walked into the kitchen. "The fact that she possibly has a rare jutsu talent can make her an amazing Jonin wen she gets older."

"You want me to send Asami off to some random person halfway across the world?" You snapped at him.

"___, think about it," kakahi laid the facts out. "Asami has always had a gift for being able to perform this rare snow jutsu. She wasn't able to perform strong original ones anyways before her accident-"

"So you're calling my student weak?" You glared at him after slamming a carton of milk on the counter.

"I'm not calling Asami weak I'm saying think about this!" Kakashi stood up and looked at you. "She's talented! You should encourage her to take this opportunity!"

"I would do it if it's her second or third year. Not first." You insisted.

"___, anything can happen from now till then. What if this is a once in a lifetime chance that Asami May never get again?" Kakashi asked, meeting you in the kitchen.

You sighed and looked at the floor. "I'm just afraid of losing her. I almost lost her before." You looked at the milk, zoning out a bit, and added, "I saw a look on her face that I've never seen before. It was like she was so focused and determined to take those rogues out."

"Which is why you must encourage her to take this opportunity for extra training," Kakashi grab your shoulders gently, snapping back into reality. "Yeah. It sucks. Jiryiah (tbh I definitely spelt his name wrong) is already considering taking Naruto in for a year of training."

"An what if Asami is gone for longer? Or what if she never comes back?" You asked.

That was when Kakashi fucked it up. "___, you are not Asami's mother. You are her sensei; your student is gifted, you should be encouraging her to take this opportunity if given to her."

"Excuse me?" You moved his hands off of you. "Did you really say what I think you said?"

"I didn't mean it like that-"

"Yes, you actually did." You pointed at the door. "Get out of my apartment."

"___-"

"Now, Kakashi." You insisted. "And don't think about coming back, too. Im locking the door behind you."

You watched Kakashi leave your place and close the door. When his footsteps faded out you began crying, crouching into the floor. You were pissed off that he was right; you should be encouraging Asami to take this opportunity if it's possible, but you were worried that something would happen if you weren't there to protect her.

"She can wait till next year." You said to yourself after finally pulling together. You got up and locked the front door, seeing Kakashi being bothered by the strange girl from earlier. You watched closer and saw Kakashi open the door into his apartment building, which made you upset.

"Fucking asshole." You growled. "way to fucking move on!"

You slammed your hand on the door and began crying again. You slid down to the floor as tears fell down your face hard. Not only was your first student going to be sent off to an unknown area, but now your boyfriend - or your ex at this point - invited some random broad into his apartment.

You felt your world fall apart, and grabbed a bottle of whiskey before taking a swig, feeling it burn in your throat.

"Fuck everyone." You said, taking another drink.