3.

Tuesday,
July 25th, 2017
7:05 PM

Elijah D.

"Would you like the bruschetta that comes with that?"The waiter asked Zena

"Would you like the bruschetta that comes with that?"The waiter asked Zena. "Yes, please. Could I also have extra feta cheese?" The waiter nodded, while jotting down her request, "of course. The food should be out shortly." The waiter retrieved the menu and retreated from the table. Zena picked up her margarita, taking a small sip before placing it back down, on the cloth, "how was work?"

"Long. I've been in meetings, negotiating deals all day.  I just want to make sure that my guys get what they deserve. It's their likeliness that makes the big bucks and I want to ensure they're getting a fair cut."

"Are you trying to fill the assistant position for the motion pictures talent department?" I nodded, "it's not something that I'm pressed about at the moment, though. Antoinette isn't set to move up to senior research analyst for another three months. It gives me some time to buy." Zena picked up her fork and drove it into the bowl of the hummus, "does it really, though? You know how you are with interviews. It takes you months to fill positions. I've looked over resumes with you, so, I know some good candidates come to you. I just don't understand why it takes you forever and a day to fill a position."

"It's just that I be needing to feel this feeling. Like, I need to feel like the person before me is going to take care of my company as if it was theirs." Zena pushed the empty bowl forward, "I completely understand where you're coming from. I'm still amazed at how much your company has grown, in such a short amount of time." I couldn't help but to smile, "I am, too! I love this shit, yo."

She extended her arm across the table, inviting my hand into her, in which I compiled, "I can tell. You light up any time you speak about even the smallest thing regarding your company. I'm happy for you baby." I brought our intertwined hands up to my mouth and kissed her soft skin, "thank you. How was your day?" I released her hand, observing her closely, as she took another sip of her drink. "Like yours, busy. Jim wants me to fly out to Boston on Thursday to cover the Red Sox and Braves' game. I'm actually kind of bummed because I wanted to take you to my parents' lake house this weekend, for the festival that comes every summer."

"Don't focus on that, there's plenty of weekends to do whatever it is that you want to do. You just go to Boston and do your thing. I'll be watching." She curled her lips into a seductive smirk, "you like watching me?" I reached for my corona, "I do. I tell you all the time, you're the sexiest when you're in your element." She smiled, "now I have to change the dress I originally picked out to wear." I brung the bottle to my lips, "oh, yeah?"

"Yes. My baby will be watching, I have to turn it up a notch, make you miss me while I'm gone," she winked.
I took a generous swig of the beer, admiring the beauty of the woman before me, before placing the bottle on the decorated coaster, "you look good tonight." The maroon satin dress traced her physique and nestled her closely, pairing well against her complexion. "Thank you," she smiled. I allowed my eyes to roam around my surroundings as they so often do. "Babe, can I ask you about something that's been sort of bothering me these last couple of days," she grasped my attention and her eyes searched mine. "Always. You know that."