Chapter 13 The Screams

Many people would complain about the cold, the frosty chills that were barely kept outside in the night.

Many would have given up, just not seen the point and drawn the kunai to their neck without hesitation.

But many were not Sakura Haruno, one who had cheated death, and the one who would be the strongest Shinobi ever.

She had made it her goal-no her absolute ambition, to bring justice to him

She would avenge him. She would avenge the man that she loved once, the one who died protecting her.

She felt tears spring to her eyes at the thought, so she pushed it back, but let her plan form in her mind.

She felt the presence's behind her, and she let out a bit of tenseness in her shoulder's, it was Jugo and Kimimaro, she had grown quite familiar with these two in this past week.

And shockingly enough, despite her more depressed nature, she had managed to make friends with them. She would need their help as well, if she was going to do this, she would need the help of these two.

But first, she needed to inquire to them if they were even willing to help, for she did not know how far she could stretch this 'familiarity' that they had developed.

"Jugo, Kimimaro, may I inquire to you something?" She asked raising her voice above the blistering wind as she sat on top of the roof of the hotel.

"Of course Sakura-San what troubles you?" Jugo, he had a funny way of talking, he was always so unbelievably polite.

"Speak." Kimimaro didn't really bother her with his form of speech, he was short and to the point, he never beat around the bush unless it was on purpose.

She took a deep breath, steadying herself for the words that were about to leave her mouth. "I made a promise to someone once, it was a silent promise, but it was still there."

Breathe.

"Him and I had a mutual care for that place, and we vowed that we would never intentionally hurt it. But, I'm afraid that I can no longer keep this promise to him..."

Breathe.

"That place, it took everything from me. It took him away from me, and w-while I cannot get him b-back,"

Deep breath...

"I-I can avenge him. I can bring them t-to their knees." Choked breathe.

"They will see, that I am no person to fuck with." She clenched her teeth together as they took up the spots on her sides.

Their eyes scanned the large vastness of white before them, unblinking as the snow continued to hit their faces.

It was Jugo who spoke first. "What is it exactly you need our help with?" His voice was calm as he continued to look at the powdered covered mountains.

She didn't hesitate. "The fall of Konohagakure No Sato."

They didn't flinch, they just continued to remain silent. As the seconds ticked by Sakura's anxiety got higher, and her breathing quickened.

One hand was set on her right shoulder. Jugo.

It was, however, Kimimaro who spoke next. "What is it though, that you want from us?" His voice sent chills down her spine, and she had to keep the shudder inside.

And as more tears flowed freely down her face, only one answer came to mind. And she wouldn't change it for the world.

"Don't leave me."