"Yes, but its not bad, quite the opposite actually." Leora tried to sound cheerful. Adam could feel how nervous she was, and made sure to keep her calm with soft strokes of his palm to her thigh or her arm. He couldn't help but think how well she was doing, if she wasn't on the phone to his future in laws he would have kissed her with how proud he was of her.

There were a few murmurs of surprise, confusion and wonder on the other side as her parents speculated the news that Leora had to share.

"I met this amazing man Mama, his name is Adam and he asked me to marry him... and I said yes!" Leora smiled though it soon fell when she heard the commotion down the line. Both of her parents were in a tizzy speaking over each other.

"You've never mentioned a man before, how long have you known him?" Her mother grilled. 

"Are you pregnant is that why?" Her father added in an mildly accusatory tone.

"Papa!" Leora cried, it only made her more nervous to tell them that she was in fact pregnant. She decided she would wait until they were on board with Adam before telling them about the baby.  "It doesn't matter how long I've known him, I know this is the man I want to marry."

Her parents didn't seem all that convinced about the wedding or Adam, but they could hear Leora's resolve to marry him. Leora insisted that once they met him, they would see that he was truly her soulmate to which her father was beyond sceptical. 

Adam took over the phone call, assuring both Katya and Christian that he had no ill intentions towards Leora and that he loved her very much. He even assured then both that he would arrange their travel for when they decided to visit.

Leora's parents were surprised to hear that their daughter no longer lived in Willsden Brooke and decided that they would take the first available flight out to come see the couple. As Adam insisted and promised he paid for everything in full.

So it was set, that the Kotas would be coming to the pack within the next few days. Both Adam and Leora were nervous, but they took comfort in one another for they were soulmates- they belonged together. Everything else would work itself out.

***

After lunch, Adam had disappeared good a few hours leaving Leora to lounge around. The woman had fallen asleep on the small chaise in their shared bedroom, it wasn't by any means comfortable but she had found that she was easily exhausted now that's she was pregnant. It made her worry about later in the pregnancy, if she was this tired now then she'd be practically bed ridden by her final trimester.

Adam came back to find his mate snoring gently- one of her arms was dangling precariously off the edge of the chaise whilst the other had unconsciously moulded over her stomach. She hadn't yet begun to show yet, but her stomach carried a tenderness- a practically imperceptible sign of the tiny life growing within her.

The man thought it was adorable- the way her eyebrows furrowed, her lips parted gently, the way her hair was a messy puddle on the pillow. He could spend eons just staring, taking in her beauty- the scar on her eyebrow, the small cleft in her chin, every single detail of her that he wanted to hide in his memory.

He would've spent longer watching her sleep, but he was more excited to share the gift that was partly overdue. He kneeled beside the chaise, palming the small velvet box in his hand nervously. His fingers danced across the soft skin of her cheek tracing a soft trail up to her hairline as he brushed through her brown, mousy hair. 

Leora groaned quietly, shifting in her sleep before waking completely. She could feel the soft tingles each time Adam's hand brushed against her scalp, it was comforting and could've lulled her right back to sleep if it wasn't for Adam speaking to her.