XXV

Amara Winters' POV
Did I think Harry was the killer? I don't know, maybe I did. Maybe I was doubting everything that he had done for me. Every door that had suddenly opened. Every clue that we got, but didn't have to work that hard for. Maybe I was just confused by this whole situation.

"You think, out of all people, that I'm the killer?" Harry's voice sounded hurt and offended, as it cracked throughout the sentence.

"Well, but what about that girl Stacy? She didn't dare to look you in the eyes. And she screamed as if her life depended on it in that alleyway, maybe it was because she saw... well you." I said carefully, making Harry scoff and walk to the other side of the room.

"I have no idea why Stacy screamed like that. I only know that I'd seen her at a party that my sister threw some weeks before you moved into town. And I'd greeted her a few times when we passed each other in town, but never did I do anything to hurt her. Why would you even think that?"

"I-"

"And how would I even be able to kill someone huh? I was right by your side with everything! When Dan Wilson was killed, we were together! When those files were deleted, we were together! When those other women were killed, I was with Niall, working on the case. And when Niall was killed, I WAS IN THE PUB, GETTING DRUNK OFF MY ASS INSTEAD OF LOOKING FOR MY FRIEND." He screamed before lifting his hands and forcefully slamming his hands onto the table. He then turned his back towards me and took deep breaths, placing his head in his hands. Eventually, his shoulders started shaking and I felt a knot of guilt form in my stomach. I walked over to him and placed my hand on his shoulder, gently turning him around. I carefully removed his hands from his face and pulled him into my embrace. His arms stayed stiffly to his sides until I put my hand in his hair and rubbed his back with my other hand.

"I'm so sorry Harry, this case has just been getting to my head, it was so unfair to take it out on you." Harry shook his head before pulling away from my embrace.

"No I get it, I haven't told you anything about me. You don't know who I am and every time we're close to finding something out, it gets messed up. But you have to believe me when I say that I'm not the killer." Harry said and I gulped, nodding and looking down in embarrassment.

"I'll take you to see my sister and my mum, I'll introduce you to them and you can see the real me." He said and I frowned.

"You don't have to let me meet your family for me to get to know you."

"But I do, no one knows me as well as my sister and my mum. They've been with me all my life and I couldn't wish for a better family than them. They're the only ones I feel comfortable enough with to really be myself."

"And there's no one else who makes you feel like that?"

"Niall did... and well... you do."