Quetzalphon

Quetzalphon the fire viper wyvern is a snake wyvern that appears in the Wildspire Waste and is known to appear in the following areas (2,4,6,8 and 13.)

Quetzalphon's name is inspired by quetzalcoatl (the mythical feathered snake god of Aztec mythology) and typhon (a giant serpentine-like creature of Greek mythology.)

(Again the icon for the hunter's notebook is in the top left as will be the same for all the others

(Again the icon for the hunter's notebook is in the top left as will be the same for all the others.)

Quetzalphon's skin color is a yellowish brown that is similar to the sand in the Wildspire Waste, the skin in between the wings is a mix of light red and orange (the orange is on the outside and the light red on the inside, you can see it in the picture.) and the claws and spikes both on the chest and tail are a light gray while the fangs in its mouth are a light pink.

Quetzalphon's element is fire and so it is capable of hitting the player with fireblight and also poison. (it has viper in its title what did you expect.) But as all monsters in this game Quetzalphon also has a weakness to other elements in its case they are water, ice and thunder so you have a few different elements to choose from, but don't get cocky, just because it has a lot of weaknesses to a few different elements it doesn't mean that it's a pushover, and watch out its long body allows it to attack from a distance, and it will do everything in its power to keep you from getting close enough to hit it.

(Battle theme, i don't own the video.)

1:Quetzalphon will attempt to bite you

1:Quetzalphon will attempt to bite you. (50 percent chance of getting poison.)

2:Will slash at you with the claws on its wings.

3:Will swing its tail from side to side.

4:Quetzalphon will breathe fire at you. (100 percent chance of getting fireblight.)

5:Quetzalphon will fly in the air before crashing into the ground in the process trying to crush you, but this means that it will be open to attack for a few seconds so take that opportunity to attack it.

6:When flying it will shoot three fireballs at you. (100 percent chance of getting fireblight.)

7:When flying it will smash its tail on the ground sending rocks flying.

8:Quetzalphon will breathe a poisonous smoke cloud from left to right. (100 percent chance of getting poison.

9:Will leap forward at the player and try to crush the player, this time there are no opportunities to get in and attack, Quetzalphon will get back up immediately.

10:Quetzalphon will swing its tail and entire body in a clockwise direction.

Quetzalphon's left fang, wings, claws and chest spikes are breakable and the tail is severable.

As for the turf wars here they are.

Quetzalphon vs Diablos: Tie

Quetzalphon vs Black Diablos: Tie

Quetzalphon vs Rathian: Winner Quetzalphon.

Quetzalphon vs Pink Rathian: Winner Quetzalphon.

Quetzalphon vs Glavenus: Winner Glavenus.

Quetzalphon is part of the new generation of snake wyverns so get ready to see similar creatures in the future but they will still be different enough from Quetzalphon. One of Quetzalphon's best methods of taking down opponents is using their long but powerful body to keep hunters and other monsters away from their fragile wings. Also they are more dangerous in the air so having flash pods to knock them out of the sky will be useful but they're still a formidable opponent even on the ground. Quetzalphon interestingly has no top teeth except for the fangs.

Overall Quetzalphon is a monster who uses its large hitboxes to make sure you can't get too close to its wings, and when in the air watch your back because they truly are snakes who breathe fire!