"Bolo Vidaan, itni raat ko call kyun ki?" He questioned. (Yes, Vidaan. Why are you calling so late at night.)

"Aik ladki mili hai, kachre kay dher say. Bohot buri halat hai, mujhe nahi lagta bachey gi." His friend informed him, a napkin placed on his nose and mouth as the stench was unbearable. "We are taking her to the hospital now, you can meet us directly there." (We found a girl, in the dumpster. Her condition is really serious, I don't think she'll survive.)

"Ok, I'm coming." He placed his phone on the dressing table and got ready in his uniform. Fastening a watch on his wrist, he placed a cap on his head. After grabbing his keys and wallet from the bedside table, he left the house and raced down to the hospital.

♥️♥️♥️

"Baba mera yaqeen karain mainay kuch nahi kiya." She cried and pleaded but no one heard her. It was as if they had inserted cotton in their ears. Her father stood with a blank face, watching his daughter being beaten up. (Dad, please believe me, I didn't do anything.)

"Sharam nahi aayi begairat, aisa kaam kartay huey!" A slap was placed on her face due to which she fell on the floor. A kick to the stomach was next on the list. (Didn't you feel ashamed of doing this, you wench.)

She whimpered and tried to get up but was yanked back down by her hair. Her had was banged on the floor, repeatedly. "Bha-bhai." She whispered, tears falling down her face as the pain intensified. "Muj-mujhe bacha lain!" (Bro-brother, pl-please save me!)

She called each and every member of her family, but no one cared to come forward to help her. They just stood there, watching the show. She whimpered, begged and cried but no one heard her pleas. No one dared to stop the atrocity happening to her.

Her mother stepped forward, sobbing but was yanked back by her husband. Her sister tried, but she too was stopped from reaching towards her. Both of their faces drenched in tears, as they watched their daughter and sister get beaten like an animal, helplessly. Her mother wished that death came to her before she has to tolerate more beatimgs and pain.

"A-a-ami." A whisper left her mouth as her eyes closed slowly, death calling her, waiting to embrace her and getting her rid of the pain she was feeling. (M-m-mom.)

♥️♥️♥️

He rushed towards the hospital, stopping in front of the room that Vidaan informed him about. Vidaan, who was talking to one of the nurses, approached Usama as he saw him come near him.

"What's the report?" Usama asked, trying to look into the ICU.

Vidaan shook his head. "According to the doctors, the chances are really slim. Pata nahi kitnay dinon say woh uss kachray main pari thi. Yeh toh Allah ka shukar hai jo sansay abhi chal rhi thi." (I wonder for how long she's been in that dumpster for. It's a miracle that she was still breathing.)

"Who found her? And did you find anything about her, who she is?" He questioned again, still looking through the window with narrowed eyes. He couldn't see the girl due to the doctors and nurses blocking the girl.

"We were chasing a druggie who ran through the dumpster when I stumbled on her." Vidaan explained. "She must be around 18 or 19. I didn't find any other information on her. We will only know the rest if she wakes up."

At five in the morning, the doors of the ICU opened. Vidaan and Usama got up from the bench and approached the doctors.

One of the doctor took of her mask and looked at both of them. "Doctor, how's the patient now?" Usama asked, no emotions reflecting his voice.