"Dammit!" Jet cursed as he heaved me backward, then he turned sideways only to be stopped when another man appeared behind us. "Fvck! Hold your fire!! Or I'll shoot her brain out!!!" he screamed in desperation, pointing his gun at my temple.

It looks like this was going to be my end. I mentally laughed because this was so much better than to be dirtied by this asshole's hands and live with his sick delusion. He had nowhere to go so his only option was to hold me as his hostage.

Both men were vigilant of Jet's movement as he continued to step backward. They followed us into a spacious balcony, their guns still pointed at us.

Jet reached the rail behind him, signifying that he was already trapped. His breathing became more erratic. "Drop your gun or I'll shoot!!"

The two men were hesitant to follow his demand but they eventually dropped their guns on the floor and raised their hands up. It was inevitable. I was going to die anyway so I must fight until then end.

Knowing that I only have one last chance, I gathered my strength and elbowed Jet on his side, making him grunt in pain. I pushed him backward powerfully, slamming him against the rail, loosening his hold onto my neck. Watching the law enforcement took another gun from their back, I quickly ran away from Jet.

However, a blast made me staggered, realizing that Jet had managed to shoot me on my back. One of the men caught me when I fell forward while the other kept shooting his gun... then I heard a water splash.

"Damn!" the authority who kept on firing cursed and then he took out his radio. "Calling all units, this is Squad one five nine. Requesting code eight. One of the POI jumped from the balcony, fell on the pool and escaped. We're over the east backyard. Locate my twenty immediately..." the enforcement glanced at me, "and please, send a medic team. One of the targets is injured."

"Stay with us. Don't close your eyes. Keep them open as much as you can," the one who caught me said as he pressed his palm on my bleeding back.

Despite the enormous pain, I tried to calm myself. I held onto his arms to keep reminding myself that I was saved. That everything was going to be okay. Even though my eyelids felt heavy, I gave my best to struggle and kept them open wide. The sky was so blue and the sun was so bright. The clouds were tremendous. It was a beautiful day so I didn't want to descend into uncertain darkness again.

I wanted to see another day. I wanted to see my Mom again, my sister and my friends. It wasn't my end yet. I still have so many things to do and so much to make up for. My love for Hilary wasn't enough yet. I needed to do more for my only waltz.

I need to live.

I need to survive for her.

**************

Sirens were everywhere. The surrounding was chaotic. It seemed they've already secured the parameter. I saw Malum's men were being detained while others were already dead. Of course, some of the law enforcements were injured and were being mended.

The medics lay me down on the stretcher sideway. I was shot on my upper left back and they've already applied pressure on it before they put me in the surgery. As soon as I was out of Malum's fortress, my Mom rushed into me.

"Oh Khloe, are you alright?!" my Mom sobbed as she caressed my head with tears in her eyes. It seemed like she was crying nonstop because of how red her eyes were.

"I'm okay, Mom. I- I just got shot," I said with a light laugh. "Where's Quinn and Arisa?" then I asked, holding her soft hand. She was running along my side as the medic team pushed my stretcher towards the ambulance.