Chapter Fourteen

I cuddle up to Luke, letting the movie and the warmth from his skin mesmerize me. He seems content and happy with our position in the pillow castle. Why can't I be attracted to him? He's better than his brother and my age.

"What the hell is happening in my livingroom?" A voice says, above us. I look up and a shirtless Joe stands before me. I try not to stare at his taut abs but damn.
"Did you forget? Danny is here for the next couple of weeks. You were too busy screwing Malibu barbie to notice she was here." Luke growls, still watching TV. Screwing. That word stabs me in the heart. Joe eyes me, thinking, I guess.

"Enjoy your stay." He shrugs. I stand up, anger shooting through my veins.
"Listen, I will leave if you d-"
"Baby, come back to bed..I want you." Lana says.
"I have to work, I'll be back later. You can hang out around here." Joe says.
"No, go home. You're always here." Luke growls. Malibu Barbie doesn't look very happy with that answer. Joe shrugs and heads toward the bathroom. I laugh and Lana rolls her eyes.
"Lets get out of here, this place smells like fish and Lana." Luke says, extra loudly. This time I'm dying and I'm honestly ready to get away from this guilt filled place.