Chapter Twenty

Niya woke up in one of the beds. She turned her head to see Goku training by himself. When he saw her moving, he came over. "You feelin' better?"

She sat up and groaned. "I feel very sore," she chuckled.

"Sounds about right," Goku laughed. "So, do you wanna try again?"

She thought for a moment. "Is there something to eat? Training always makes me hungry."

"Oh, yeah!" Goku went into one of the side rooms and brought her some food out. "It's nothin' fancy but it'll do."

Niya looked at the enormous quantity of food, and chuckled. "Do you want me to make something for you? I know you're a very big fan of tasty food."

"Nope! You go ahead. I already ate," Goku laughed.

"Of course you did," Niya smiled to herself. She hurriedly ate a small quantity. "What are we doing next?"

"I want you to spar with me again. This time, stay in your base form," Goku instructed. "I really want you to feel the divine energy. But don't worry, I'll go easy on you."

Niya nodded and stood, but almost fell from standing too quickly. She braced herself on the bed, but ignored the dizziness. "Okay, let's fight again."

Goku eyed her before giving a nod. He powered up again to Super Saiyan God. "Whenever you're ready, Niya!"

Niya stood with her fighting stance. She walked with her stance around him, trying to find an opening. Goku smirked as he followed her with his eyes. When she went in for an attack, he blocked with his forearm. Niya could feel the heat coming off of him as she jumped back. "Release more power, but don't go super saiyan," he instructed.

Niya said nothing. She focused all of her attention on her instructor. Cautiously, she made her power rise. A white aura formed around her, but slowly, steadily, she her aura changed and darkened to a crimson. Her hair and eyes successfully remained onyx; she was still in her base form.

"Good job!" Goku said encouraging her. "Ready?"

Niya nodded. In a flash, she flew above him as if to attack him with her two hands held together, but instead, fazed out behind him and kicked him in the back. Goku planted his hands on the ground and flipped over. He rushed forward and swung at her. She caught his fist in her hand, and he kicked her in the ribs. Niya grunted, but held on tight to his fist and shoulder, and headbutt him. He grunted in pain and unleashed more energy. The red flames licked higher as he punched her repeatedly in the side before kicking her into the air.

Niya refused to cry out. She began to grow frustrated and released a barrage of crimson blasts from above. She threw blasts, disks, and spheres in a rage. Her power continued to rise as her anger rose.

"Crap!" Goku brought his arms over his face. When the smoke faded, he was standing at Super Saiyan Blue.

Niya landed lightly on her feet, panting. She grit her teeth and glared at Goku, her eyes turning a dark red. It looked evil. She dashed towards him, creating several afterimages with her, and it seemed she attacked him from all angles. She brought a furious fist down on Goku.

He quickly blocked her and kicked her back. "Kamehameha!" He sent the energy directly at her.

Niya stood back, almost growling, and held her hands outstretched in fists. Her hands were surrounded a crimson aura and formed giant crimson fists. She took the blast head on and with a clap on it, forced it back towards Goku.

"Kaioken!" Goku yelled, giving him a slight boost. He kept it only at times two. The energy went surging back towards Niya.

Niya continued to use her giant fists and slipped out her obsidian sword. It was enveloped by the same crimson aura. She ran towards the blast, and with her trusty sword, sliced the blast in two, sending half towards her left and the other towards her right. It only slightly skimmed her arms, but she refused to cry out.